Chapter 12

The next couple of days went by slowly. They consisted of me constantly studying and talking an endless amount of exams. College life is way too stressful sometimes. I hadn't really had much time for myself and had not been to the Cafe in a while. I hadn't seen or talked to Killian much either since I was always cooped up in my dorm.

Emora was busy as well, but found time to FaceTime Jax every day. They're relationship was developing romantically and I was happy for both of them. I hoped they would find time to go out in a date sometime after Christmas break. In the meantime, it was Friday evening, the last day of college before break and I had just finished taking my final exam in my last class.

Praying I passed, I walked through campus to get back to my dorm. It was around midday and I was completely drained. I planned to take a nap when I got back to rid myself of the remaining stress. Once I got to my room I saw that Emora was still sleeping.

Lucky. I wish I had afternoon classes.

I kicked off my shoes and changed into some more comfortable clothes before sliding into bed. I was just beginning to doze off when the sound of my phone ringing interrupted the silence.

I heard Emora groan in annoyance as she was jolted awake from the sound. I reached over to my IPhone which was sitting peacefully on my nightstand and yanked it towards me. My eyebrows widened in surprise when I saw that the caller ID said "Killy Boy".

Why is he calling me?"

I quickly answered and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Killian?" I asked.

"Yeah, hey." I heard the familiar deep voice reply.

"Is eveything alright?"

"Yeah everything's fine, I was just wondering if you still wanted to go to the city with me for Chrismas break. You know, so I can show you around."

I gasped, realizing I had completely forgotten about that due to my schoolwork."

"Oh yeah! I'd still like to go if that's ok."

"Yeah it's good, I was just letting you know because I leave in a few hours."

My eyes widened. "A few hours? I hadn't even had time to pack!"

"Oh, sorry for not reminding you sooner, I didn't want to bother you."

"Bother me? Why would you think that?"

"Well I heard you were busy taking exams and stuff..."

"Killian, I'd always find time to talk to you. You could never bother me." I assured.

There was a little pause.

Uh oh, did I make this awkward?

"Thanks Eris, that's pretty cute." Killian replied after another second.

I smiled to myself at his words before speaking again.

"So how long is this trip? Just so I know how much to pack?" I asked.

"Two weeks, and I'll pick you up at two."

I checked the time, it was currently just a smudge past noon.

"Sounds good to me."

"Alright, I'll see you soon then."

"See you soon."

I hung up and slid out of bed.

"What was that about?" Emora asked, eyeing me from her bed at the other side of the room.