Chapter 30

For a few hours I sat in my room, laying on the bed and scrolling through my phone in boredom as the family enjoyed their time together downstairs. Killian hadn't left his room from the whole Marcus ordeal earlier which worried me.

He's definitely thinking about taking me back to my dorm now.

I was afraid that would be the case. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to spend the rest of break lounging in my dorm. I wanted to go places. I wanted to be with Killian.

I felt a small tugging feeling in my heart that wanted me to go to him.

Maybe I'm getting too attached. Maybe he doesn't think of me in the way I think of him.

I reached my hand up to play with the diamond necklace that hung around my neck.

If he bought me this he must have some type of feelings towards me, right?

My thoughts were cut off by two light knocks on my door. I slid of my bed and moved to open it, gasping in surprise when I saw Killian standing there, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Get ready, we're leaving in five."

"We're?"

"Yes. You and me. Now go get your shoes on."

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked, crossing my arms at his pushiness.

"Ice skating."

I raised a brow. "Like... a date?"

Killian rolled his eyes. "Yes like a date. I know you don't really feel comfortable with everyone downstairs so I might as well take you out so you can have a good time."

That's actually so sweet of him.

I shot him a smile before turning around to slip on my Air Forces.

When I finished, I grabbed my phone before walking into the hall where Killian was waiting.

When he saw me, he reached out his hand to envelop mine, pulling me to his side as we made our way downstairs.

I noticed that Marcus was still on the hallway floor, laying there with his eyes closed. At first I was confused and wondered if he died but then he let out a loud snore.

He really fell asleep on the floor. Unbelievable.

Killian and I stepped over him, not sparing him a glance as we left the house.

It was fairly cold outside, and about a foot of snow was still covering the ground. Killian and I climbed into his Camaro and he drove out of the driveway in silence.

"Are you okay?" I asked, unsure if he was still angry about what Marcus did earlier.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just making sure."

I leaned back in my seat, looking over to him as he drove into the thick of the city. A little less than half an hour later, we arrived at a large grey building that said "Indoor Ice Skating Rink" in big neon letters in the front.