Chapter 20

Like in every love story, sparks fly at the first kiss. But my God, this was an explosion.

I was feeling something I had never felt before and it resembled pure bliss. Never would I ever imagine that I would be kissing Killian, especially not in this way or for this reason.

A few moments passed before I slowly pulled away, loosening my grip on the back of his neck and looking up to meet his eyes. His expression was calm like it always was, but God, his eyes. His dark irises were we're boring into mine with such intensity I had to look away. As I did, I faced John, who I momentarily had forgotten was there.

"Told you. Can you leave me alone now?" I asked, crossing my arms.

John frowned. "Why would you choose him over me? I could give you everything you've ever wanted."

"And I could give you a broken nose so I suggest you back the fuck up." Killian intervened, stepping in front of me.

"Who asked you to speak?" John snapped. "I wasn't talking to you."

Killian scowled. "Does it look like I care?" He took a step forward, towering over the old man intimidatingly.

"Young man, I suggest getting out of my face before I make you."

"Go ahead and make me then. I'd beat the shit out of you and you know it."

John scoffed, subconsciously taking a few steps back.

"Now calm down! I'm just trying to get this little lady's number, and maybe a kiss afterwards too." He said, gesturing to me.

"She's not giving you shit. Back off my girl." Killian growled.

John's face contorted to one of rage before speaking again. "She can speak for herself, don't you think?" He then turned to me. "Come on Eris, come with me, I'd treat you better then this bastard ever could and you know it."

"No." I said calmly, gulping when his eyes flashed at my response.

"Eris forget the question. I'm not giving you a choice anymore-"

Killian cut him off by shoving him off of his feet, causing him to crash onto the floor with a loud thump. A few people turned their heads to look at us but then looked away in fear when they saw Killian's expression.

He was absolutely every version of angry.

Almost instantly, John sprang back up to his feet, growling like an animal before spitting on Killian's face.

It was like time stopped, and Killian froze as the disgusting saliva dripped down his nose.

Oh John, what have you done.

Killian wiped his nose with his sleeve, allowing his face to smoothen out back into his normal calm expression. He then closed his eyes momentarily, composing himself and holding back from throwing a punch then and there.

"You have ten seconds to get the fuck out of here before I break your jaw." He said.

John's eyes widened slightly in fear but he covered it up quickly.

"Young ma-"

"Ten seconds!" Killian snapped.

John didn't need a further warning, and was very aware that he stood no chance so he turned around and hurried out of the building.