Chapter 23

My heart stuttered at Killian's words.

Stupid Killian making me feel all these feelings.

"Y-you want to spend time with me?" I repeated in surprise.

"Yeah." He replied. "Besides, once my whole family gets here we won't have much alone time."

"How many people are coming?" I asked.

"I'm not sure of the exact number, but around three or four more families are coming."

"Oh so it's going to be a full house?"

"Yeah. Lots of kids too."

"That's fine, I like kids."

"I don't." Killian grumbled.

I shot him a look before moving towards the sink that was full with dishes from earlier this morning. I grabbed a plate and rinsed it before placing it in the dishwasher nearby.

"Eris." Killian growled, approaching behind me. He moved me aside with his hands on my hips before stepping in my place and washing the dishes himself.

"Excuse me." I grumbled playfully. "I'm trying to do something here."

"You don't have to. Go rest your hand." Killian ordered.

"It's always resting since I don't use it." I reply, peeking over his shoulder to look down at the sink. "Let me help."

He rolled his eyes. "No, I got it."

I pushed him gently to the right before grabbing a bowl. He looked down at me with surprise before plucking the it out of my hand and placing it down.

"Will you stop being stubborn?" He asked.

I glared up at him, making him rethink his words.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have said that." He mumbled.

"It's alright, I just don't want to feel useless just because of my hand. I can still do things you know."

Killian scratched the back of his neck averting his eyes.

"Well, I'd prefer if you didn't. It might put stress on it."

"I can still do a lot of things without stressing it." I countered.

"You're right. Like resting."

I scoffed. "Why do you care so much. Let me be!"

"I'm just trying to help you. I already caused you to fuck up your hand, I don't want it getting worse."

"What did I say about blaming yourself?" I asked, placing a finger in his chest.

Killian looked down at it before tenderly lifting it away and intwining our hands.

"Yeah, yeah, it's not my fault." He muttered.

"Exactly. Now come on, let's go to your room."

Killian raised an eyebrow suggestively.

"What for?" He asked.

I shrugged. "We can watch a movie I guess."

Killian's shoulders dropped a fraction of an inch before his posture returned to normal.

"Right. A movie, I'm down."

"What did you want to do?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously as we made our way upstairs.

"Nothing."

I frowned disbelievingly but didn't question further. When we got to his room, I went over to the TV stand, grabbing the remote before meeting Killian on his bed. We sat side by side with our backs to the headboard as I flicked on Netflix.