Chapter 28

Killian's words left me flustered as they usually did, and I stifled a smile before looking away.

"Alright, now get out of my room, I have to change." I said, playfully pushing him away.

Killian smirked before replying. "What? I can't stay?"

I shrugged deciding to play along. "I mean, if you want..."

I watched as his smirk grew and his chin tilted up ever so slightly in confidence.

"You know, we never did finish what we started earlier."

Heated memories rushed back to my brain from our make-out session we had this morning.

"I would say we could finish it now, but the rest of your family will be here soon and you'll have to go downstairs to greet them."

"Or I can stay in here and fuck you sensele-"

"Killian!" I interrupted, eyes wide. I grabbed a pillow from my bed and threw it at his face.

He caught it with ease, grinning sheepishly.

"Sorry. I didn't think I'd actually say that out loud." He apologized.

I had never really heard Killian talk dirty before, and I had to rid his earlier sentence from my brain before I acted upon it.

I rolled my eyes at him and turned around, walking into the closet to pick out an outfit.

Without me knowing, Killian had come up from behind me, scanning my options as I did the same.

"You should wear this." He said, pulling out my purple long sleeved Santa Cruz shirt. "That way we can match."

I liked the idea, so I plucked the shirt from his hand and threw it on my bed, picking out a pair of ripped skinny jeans to wear as a bottom."

I then turned back to the dark haired boy standing behind me and crossed my arms.

"So are you leaving or not?"

"I'll go." He replied, turning around for the door.

Just as he did, the doorbell rang twice, catching both of our attention.

"I should probably go say hi to whoever just got here." Killian says. "Just come downstairs when you're ready."

I nodded to him and he left the room, leaving me to change into my newly picked outfit. When I finished, I let my curls down, allowing them to hang loosely on my back and slid on some socks and shoes.

After that, I added a little make up to my features before checking how I looked in the mirror. Once I was finally satisfied, I took a deep breath and headed downstairs.

I was not prepared to see the amount of people that I did when I reached the living room. At least three more families had arrived, bringing hoards of unfamiliar faces to crowd the large space. The first person I recognized was Mrs. Parker, and when she saw me, she gladly introduced me to everyone one by one. I had trouble remember all the names, but once I reached a certain dark haired stranger, his name instantly rang a bell.

"This is Marcus." Mrs. Parker says, pulling me towards him. "He's my brother's son ."

This is the guy Victoria told me about earlier, he's Killian's cousin.

Marcus turned around to face me, and the resemblance to Killian was uncanny. He was tall and had a sharp jaw and a muscular build. His hair was slightly longer then Killian's, curling a bit more at the ends but other than that, if I didn't know any better I would say they could be twins.