Chapter 29

When everyone was finished eating, we all migrated back to the living room to open presents. The pile of gifts under the Christmas tree was gigantic due to the extras brought by all of the visiting family members. Killian and I sat at the back of the room and watched the kids open their presents first, squealing with joy when they got the toys from their wishlist.

After the children finished, the older family members stepped up and took their turns. Since there were so many people, it took an hour for just half of the gifts to be unwrapped, leaving Killian and I shuffling around in boredom, unwilling to step up and grab what was ours.

After a few more minutes, Killian gently took my hand and pulled me close to him, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"I can sneak up there and grab your presents so we can open them upstairs instead of waiting in here."

That idea sounding much more appealing then just standing here so I nodded at him, watching as he slipped away into the crowd of his family that surrounded the tree. After a few seconds, he reappeared with three separate wrapped boxes stacked in his arms. When he reached hearing distance, I spoke.

"You don't want to get your presents also?"

Killian shook his head. "I'll open them later, lets go to my room."

I followed him upstairs, watching as he set my gifts down on his bed and stepped back, waiting for me to dig in.

I stood there, a sudden thought entering my brain before I turned around and ran into the hall, quickly slipping into my room. I ran into my closet and pushed aside a pile of clothing, revealing Killian's present that I forgot to put under the tree.

I managed to slip away from him when we were at the mall getting Mrs. Parker's present and ran to a few stores to get him and Jax something. I quickly grabbed his gift and rushed back into his room.

When I entered, he was sitting on his bed staring off into space and looking confused. Once he saw me, he stood up and eyes the box in my hands.

"What's that?"

"You're present!" I said cheerfully, holding it out to him.

"Y-you got me something?"

"Of course I did."

He tenderly took the gift from my hands and stared at it in awe.

"Thank you."

I nodded, smiling. "Go ahead and open it."

Killian's cheeks dusted pink as he tore at the wrapping paper, opening the box. Inside, was a blue Thrasher shirt, a basketball, and a pair of black Nike socks. I wasn't really sure what to get him so I grabbed three items of what I thought he might be somewhat grateful for.

I watched as a grin spread on his face as he pulled out the items and set them on his bed. He then looked at me.

"Thank you, Eris. This means a lot."

"You like it?" I asked nervously.

"Absolutely." Was his short reply and he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly.

I smiled into the embrace, feeling a little empty when it was time to pull away. Suddenly, Killian ripped off his shirt and threw it into a laundry basket, leaving him topless in front of me.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked, struggling not to let my gaze slip down to peer at his muscles.

He didn't reply, but grabbed the Thrasher shirt I gifted him and threw it over his head, slipping it on.