Chapter 15

The city was beautiful. Like a scene straight from the movies the skyscrapers were tall and shining brightly in the dark of the night. There were people crowded on the sidewalks and bus stops with Christmas decorations everywhere adding to the scenery. It was everything you would imagine it to be.

Killian watched me with an amused expression as I took in the passing city with awe. I never have actually been here despite the fact that I go to college just four hours away. After just a couple more minutes of driving, Killian pulled up to his mother's house. I gasped when I saw it.

The building was like an estate, and reminded me of Alfred's house. There were only two stories but that didn't make it any smaller. Killian drove into the driveway and parked besides two expensive looking cars.

"This is insane." I said softly as Killian turned off his Camaro .

I waited patiently as he slid out of the car and walked over to my side to open the door for me.

Always so polite.

"Home sweet home." He muttered.

We walked towards the humongous front porch that was covered in snow before Killian reached out to ring the doorbell.

Not even a second later, the front door swung open and he was pulled forward into a big hug by a petite women half his size.

"Killian! My baby boy!" The women cried, pulling him closer.

"Hey mom." He greeted, wrapping his arms around her.

I smiled at the embrace, finding it cute. When they pulled away, Killian's mom turned to me and smiled brightly. She was short, unlike her son, but they had a striking resemblance. They both had dark hair and dark eyes with beautifully contrasting pale skin. Then she spoke.

"You must be Eris! Killian told me all about you!"

"Really?" I asked, feeling surprised and shooting him a little glance.

He shifted awkwardly and looked away as his mother continued to speak.

"Absolutely! Now come on in, let's get you both all warmed up!"

Killian and I stepped inside and I was speechless when I saw the interior of his home. It was gigantic and the decor was gorgeous. The furniture and design all looked very neat and modern and had a black and white color scheme that resembled Killian's house.

"By the way, before I forget to introduce myself, I'm Maggie, Killian's mom, but you can just call me Mrs.Parker." The short woman chirped, leading us into the living room.

The first thing I noticed besides the large couch was the adorable Calico cat laying on the white rug, watching us through her bright green eyes.

"That's Cleo." Killian said, pointing to the feline as it stood up and stretched her back.

"Oh yes, and I hope you're not allergic to cats because she's likes to shed." Mrs. Parker said, reaching down to pet her cat before speaking again. "My husband Daniel should be home from work at 9:30 and I got a text from Jax that he would be here around that time as well. In the mean time, make yourselves at home! I'm going to go brew you two a nice hot chocolate while you get settled in." She turned around and skipped out of the room towards what I think was the kitchen.

"I can show you to your room if you'd like." Killian said, pulling his car keys from his pocket. "We should probably get your suitcase first though."

Oh, I had forgotten about that.

I nodded, and followed Killian outside where he grabbed my luggage and carried it inside for me. He then led me upstairs and through some long winding hallways before stopping at a big brown door.