Chapter 18

The next morning, I woke up with a heavy arm draped around my waist and a large body pressed to my back. For a moment, I was confused, unsure of where I was or who I was with but then my memories of the night before flooded back into my brain.

Oh wow. Killian is spooning me.

Last night, I remembered we both went to sleep on opposite ends of the bed, so I'm not really sure how we were in the position we are now. I moved slowly, careful not to wake him as I attempted to get up. I successfully slid out from under his arm and off of the bed before tip-toeing into the bathroom.

By the time I finished doing my buisness and reentered the room, I saw Killian sitting up on the bed, rubbing his eyes. He looked tired and his hair was messy but God, he was flawless. I smiled at him when our eyes met.

"Good morning." I said.

"Morning. How did you sleep?"

"Good."

Killian nodded in approval before stretching and standing up.

"I should head back to my room to shower, I'm taking you out today."

"Really? Where?" I asked.

"IHOP, for breakfast."

"Oh okay, I'll shower too then."

Killian left the room and I undressed before running into the bathroom again to wash. After a few minutes, I was out and slipping on my clothes. I threw my hair up into a ponytail before lightly putting on some make up. By the time I was finished it was around 10:00 a.m. and my stomach was beginning to growl. I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my pocket before exiting my room.

Once I stepped into the hallway I almost bumped into Jax, who was just passing by.

"Oh, good morning Eris!" He greeted with a grin.

"Hey Jax, where are you heading off to?"

"I'm driving up town to visit some old friends. You?"

"I'm going to breakfast with Killian."

Jax wiggled his eyes. "Y'all are cute. I'm guessing you guys got it on judging by those hickies all over your neck?"

My eyes widened and I immediately raised my hand to touch the skin of my neck.

Did I forget to cover that?

"We didn't do anything like that!" I exclaimed, waving Jax off.

"Sure you didn't." He said, smirking slightly as he turned to continue on his way.

I rolled my eyes and barged in Killian's bedroom, forgetting to knock. Once I entered I immediately squealed and covered my eyes with my hands in alarm.

"Sorry! Sorry!" I apologized, turning to leave.

Killian was standing at the doorway of his bathroom with nothing but a towel hanging lowly on his hips.

I silently cursed myself in embarrassment before leaving the room. I felt hot and I could tell I was blushing madly as I paced in the hallway, unsure of what to do. A few moments later, Killian's door opened and he peered at me with a brow raised.

I turned to apologize to him once more before realizing he still hadn't changed yet and was still in his towel. His hair was wet and stuck to his forehead and beads of water was running down his chest, indicating he had just gotten out of the shower

"What are you doing?" I gasped. "Put on some clothes!"

Killian didn't respond, he was too busy staring at his work on my neck with a wide smirk.