Chapter 13

Killian and I had been driving for two hours now and we hadn't spoken much. I wanted to try and break the silence but I didn't know what to say. It seemed like Killian and I could talk without end sometimes but then the next moment there was nothing to say.

I laid my head back on the headrest of the seat, sighing as I peered out the window. It was an ugly cloudy day. The sky was gray and watching the highway gets boring after a few hours. It was cold, so I had the seat warmer on but I had to frequently turn it off due to the fact that it get a little too hot after a while.

My eyes were fluttering shut, my brain resorting to slumber to drive away the boredom when I heard a loud popping sound that startled me awake.

"Fuck." Killian cursed.

"What that?" I asked, sitting up.

"The tire."

He pulled over the side of the road and got out the car walking to the front left tire with an annoyed look on his face. I got out too, shivering a bit from the cold before walking around the car to see what happened.

I heard Killian groan in annoyance as he squatted near the tire.

"What happened" I asked.

"I ran over a nail."

Peering over his shoulder, I saw that the black tire had a large rusty nail imbedded in it and it was literally deflating by the second. Within a minute it was nothing but a floppy piece of rubber.

"Do you have a spare?" I asked.

"Nope."

"What are we gonna do?"

"Call a tow truck I guess." Killian said, standing up and turning to me.

He pulled out his phone, dialing for help. The tow truck company seemed to take forever to pick up, but once they finally did I heard Killian arguing with whoever he was speaking to and knew something else had probably gone wrong. I approached him slowly once he hung up.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"No one is available right now, they're coming but the wait is two hours."

I looked around, realizing that we were in the middle of nowhere. "What are we gonna do for two hours?"

He shrugged. "I don't know but we should probably get back in the car and stay warm."

I didn't argue, sliding back into the Camaro with a sigh.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, already feeling a bit bored.

"I don't know."

Sighing again, I continued to try and make conversation.

"Do you have any pets?" I asked.

"I have a cat, she lives at my moms house."

"Aw, what breed?"

"She's a Calico. Her name is Cleo."

"That's cute, I used to have a kitten when I was smaller.

"What happened to it?" Killian asked.

"He... died." I responded after a moment.

"Oh. I'm sorry."

There was an awkward silence in the car after that and I wasn't sure how to continue the conversation so I just leaned back in my seat, letting my mind wander.

The silence was interrupted by the loud ringing of Killian's phone. He quickly answered and putting it on speaker, letting me know it was Jax.

"Duuuuude, guess what just happened!" Jax yelled excitedly.