Chapter 7

⚠️

The house had its own set of bartenders who were mixing up drinks and completing their orders.
Killian and I sat on a pair of stools and motioned one over.

"What can I get for you lovely couple?" The man asked.

"I'll take a water." I told him, ignoring how he called us a couple.

Killian looked at me in amusement before getting the same thing.

"To scared to drink?" He asked as the bartender left to fetch our orders.

"No, I'm just completely content with my healthy liver and I would like to keep it that way. You?"

"I'm driving, remember."

Oh yeah.

I smiled at him sheepishly as the bartender returned and gave us our drinks.

I took a sip out of the cold bottled water, instantly feeling refreshed. The air was stuffy in here and sweaty bodies were everywhere, pressed against each other.

Honestly, this whole place smells like dried spit.

"Let's dance!" I shouted to Killian.

He immediately shook his head.

"I don't dance."

I held back a complaint after remembering he was only here for me.

"Okay, let's go socialize." I didn't really want to do that but it can't hurt making new friends.

Killian scrunched up his nose in a cute manner. "No thanks." He said.

I frowned. "We could go play beer pong."

"Im driving remember, I can't drink tonight."

"Wanna swim?"

"I didn't bring extra clothes."

There wasn't really anything else to do here unless we joined the random couples making out in the corner. Butterflies went off in my stomach when I thought of that and I shot Killian a shy glance.

He looked back at me thoughtfully before looking away.

I wonder if he was thinking the exact same thing.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and was met by Kaylee. She looked worried.

"Eris! Thank god, I can't find Astrid anywhere! Please tell me you've seen her!"

"Sorry Kaylee, I just got here so no, but I'll let you if I do."

Kaylee's worried expression didn't cease. "She was really drunk and I'm afraid some random guy might have taken advantage of her."

She turned to Killian. "Have you seen my girlfriend? Her name is Astrid."

He shook his head. I doubted he even knew who that was.

"Kaylee listen, Emora is dancing with her date on the dance floor, maybe she saw her." I suggested.

Kaylee's eyes lit up with hope and she nodded turning towards the sea of dancing bodies and forcing her way in.

I scanned the crowd for Astrid, growing a little bit concerned.

"Who is Astrid?" Killian asked, tapping my hand to get my attention.

"My dorm room neighbor. I explained. "Maybe we should go look for her."

"I don't know what she looks like." Killian said.

I pulled out my phone and found a picture of me with her in it and pointed to her while showing Killian.