Chapter 37

I was jolted awake by Killian's finger gently tapping my cheek.

I open my eyes and jerked my head to look at him.

"Is the plane about to crash? Are we about to die?" I asked frantically.

"No."

"Then why did you wake me up?"

Killian blinked at me, slightly amused by my annoyed tired expression.

"Because we're landing in five minutes. You didn't hear the announcement?"

"No, I was sleeping."

"Well you're not anymore."

"I'm fully aware."

He chuckled a bit and sat back in his seat before speaking again.

"I'm tired."

"You should have slept."

He shrugged, taking a glance out the window. I could feel the plane dropping from the sky, getting closer to the ground at a steady pace.

People around us were waking up and the low chatter began to louden as the excitement for the landing began to set in. By the time we were about to touch down onto the runway some children were crying again and my ears popped painfully.

We sat on the plane for another few minutes after it landed, waiting until we were let out. When we were, Killian and I quickly made our way to baggage claim so that we wouldn't have to fight through a crowd to get our luggage. Finally, after regaining what was ours, we exited the airport and called an Uber.

It was cold outside, and there was ice on the roads. I shivered, shoving my hands into my jacket pockets as Killian and I stood to wait for our ride to arrive. It wasn't going to take long and the driver notified us that he would arrive in a few minutes but I still snuggled up to Killian's side to absorb as much warmth as possible for the wait.

Around five or six minutes later, our Uber pulled up and we slid inside. I sighed in content when I felt the blasting heat inside of the car. The drive to the hotel took thirty minutes and I almost had to fall asleep again just to pass time.

When we finally reached the hotel I gasped. The building was humongous and there was a gigantic chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the lobby.

"This place is crazy." I exclaimed as Killian and I walked up to the front desk to check in.

"Yeah it's five stars." He replied.

He rented a room for the night as I ogled at our surroundings. The floor was made of marble and the walls looked like they could be made of gold. There were several fancy restaurants in the lobby as well as an arcade and theatre room. Random wealthy looking people were walking around, coming and going in random directions, their assistants stumbling behind them.

My amazed thoughts were interrupted by Killian's hand slipping in mine as he pulled me into the elevator.

"Were on floor five, room 580." He voices, typing in the floor number on the elevator buttons.

I nodded in acknowledgement as the doors closed before speaking.

"You didn't have to pay for all this you know. You should have told me we were staying somewhere expensive so we could split the che-"

My words were cut off by Killian's mouth pressing onto mine. He kissed me lovingly for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Don't worry about it babe, it's fine."

Babe.

I smiled to myself, incredibly grateful that I had someone as caring as him.