Chapter 8

⚠️

Rage had never been such an understated emotion. I had never in my life felt anger like I did now.

"Astrid... I'll beat his ass. I'll kill him." I said, feeling enraged.

She looked at me. "I wouldn't mind if you did, but can you please find Kaylee first for me. She needs to know."

"I nodded, turning to leave but Astrid kept talking.

"Do you think she'll hate me?"

"Who?" Emora and I asked in unison.

"Kaylee. Don't you think she would be absolutely repulsed at the fact that I was touched and fucked and used? It's disgusting. She'll never look at me the same."

"Don't say that Astrid. That is not true." I said.

"She'll never look at me the same." Astrid repeated, her voice shaky as tears spilled from her broken eyes.

Emora looked at me. "Go find Kaylee. I need to talk with her alone."

I nodded in understanding. If anyone understood Astrid it was her. She was raped multiple times. I knew she would be able to comfort her and that they needed to be alone so I hastily left the bathroom. Jax was waiting outside the door looking mildly bored.

"Hey Eris, sorry but I couldn't find Killian. Is Emora coming out?" He asked.

"No." I said dryly.

Jax tilted his head with worry. "Is she okay?"

I nodded in assurance. "She's fine. Right now we really, really need to find Kaylee, okay?"

"Who is Kaylee?" Jax asked.

I quickly pulled up a picture from my phone and showed it to him.

"Do not stop searching until you find her. This is important." I said, emphasizing the seriousness.

Jax nodded and walked off, I followed pursuit but we split up when we got to the dance floor.

I searched every single room downstairs before I moved outside. When I did, I was met by cold air and laughter. People were splashing around in the pool happily, while others were playing beer pong. Kaylee was no where in sight so I went back inside to resume the search on the second floor.

I went into the rec room where the rich kids were still playing spin the bottle. I scanned the faces but Kaylee's wasn't there. I ran to the third floor, inspecting every room. Most of the people on this floor were asleep, they were drunk to the state of unconsciousness.

After searching four out of the five bedrooms on this floor, I came across a living room. In it were sleeping bodies on the couch. I instantly recognized one of them as Kaylee.

I rushed up to her and shook her shoulder fiercely. "Kaylee! Wake up!" I yelled.

She didn't budge. My shaking caused her head to move to the side, revealing a large knot on her forehead. She must of hit her head really hard and someone took her here to sleep it off. To me it looked like she fell down the steps, probably in haste to find Astrid. She must of tripped on her heel and knocked herself out.

I groaned in frustration. I needed someone to help carry her.

Then I remember I had could call Killian on the phone.