Chapter 5

That next morning Emora and I woke up early to go to the mall. We spent hours looking for the perfect dresses but finally, she bought a form fitting satin emerald green dress with a slit that started at the right side near the thigh. I bought a long red silk dress that had an open back and a slit at the thigh a well.

By noon, we had also gotten our nails done and stopped at the mall's food court to grab a bite to eat.

"I feel so girlish!" Emora said, excitedly examining her nails while taking a bite out of her Chic-fil-a sandwich.

"Me too."

I had gotten a Popeyes chicken sandwich and a lemonade. The mall was pretty crowded, as it usually was for a Saturday, so I wasn't surprised when we bumped into a few of our campus friends who were also shopping for the party this evening.

"Hey Eris, how should I do my hai-" Emora was cut off by someone spilling their drink on her as they were walking by.

Instantly, I recognized the person to be the girl Lance was with yesterday who flicked us off.

"Aw, sorry I didn't mean to do that!" She lied.

Emora was covered in an iced coffee, and she was struggling to wipe at her clothes, without shivering.

"Are you ok?" I asked, eyeing the girl who was still standing behind her."

"Fine." Emora muttered.

"My name is Taylor." The girl introduced.

"No one asked." I snapped, handing my roommate more napkins.

Taylor shot me a glare. "I'm not here for you so keep your mouth shut."

"Make me." I countered.

Taylor ignored me and turned back to Emora.

"If I see you anywhere near Lance or Alfred, I'll beat the shit out of you."

Emora froze and looked up at her.

"You act like I want to be anywhere near either of them." She spat.

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Please, I see the way you look at them, and I know you have a history with Lance!  Plus, you're going to the party tonight aren't you?"

"That's none of your business!" She growled.

"Oh yes it is!" Taylor snapped. "Stay away from my men or i'll make your life hell."

"Get out of my face!" Emora yelled, standing up and pushing Taylor away.

I stood up too, ready to defend my roommate if needed.

"Touch me again you little whore!" Taylor roared.

I felt a few eyes turn to us from the commotion.

Taylor continued yelling. "You're a little slut! Lance told me how you fell into his lap and begged him to let you sleep with Jacob and Chance!"

Emora scowled. "Bullshit!" She spat.

"He only stayed with you because he felt bad!" Taylor continued." And he knew no other guy would every want you! I mean look at you! You're the ugliest bitch I've ever seen!"

Her words sent anger rushing through my veins.

"Shut the fuck up! That's not true!" Emora yelled, desperately defending herself.

"Yes it is! Who would ever want a slut like you?" Taylor sneered.

The moment I saw tears spark in Emora's eyes was it for me.