Chapter 42

After Killian and I's little swimming date we decided to go out to eat dinner considering we skipped lunch to swim. We changed into our change of clothes before deciding on going to P.F. Chang's.

When we arrived to the fancy Chinese restaurant a kind waitress sat us in a booth near the back before placing menus in front of us. She then left to allow us to have time to choose our drinks.

"What are you getting?" I asked, looking up at Killian.

He was sitting back in his seat, looking relaxed as he met my eyes.

"The Strawberry Cucumber Limade. It's really good you should try it."

"Maybe I will."

After agreeing with his choice of drink I looked over to the appetizer section, my stomach growling as it read the delicious sounding food. Just as I was deciding on what to choose, I heard a pair of costumers take a seat in the booth behind us.

Just out of curiosity, I turned around to see who was there.

My heart dropped when I recognized the two faces.

Taylor and John.

I quickly turned around and sighed in relief since neither of them saw me looking. I met Killian's dark eyes with my wide ones and he instantly looked behind me to see what the source of my shock was.

His eyes narrowed angrily at what they saw. He clenched his jaw, and I had no doubt in my mind that he was remembering that awful day at the gym.

At that very moment our waitress returned.

We gave her our drink and appetizer order and she wrote it down before leaving to give us more time to decide our main meals. I scanned my menu once more, stiffening the more I thought about who was sitting right behind me.

I decided to get some séaseme chicken and dumplings, their descriptions sounding too good to pass up. I then looked up and scanned the room, waiting for our waitress to return once more. As I did, I saw that Killian was staring behind me with a hard glare.

I didn't even need to look behind me to know that John was staring  right back.

"Killian-" I began.

I really, really didn't want them to start a fight in the middle of the restaurant.

"He's looking at you. I think he knows you're the same person from the gym." Killian growled, not looking away.

"What is it young man? You're looking at me like you want something." John's grimy voice called out from behind me.

Before Killian could respond, I heard Taylor chime in.

"Wait! No daddy, don't mess with him he's hot. Maybe I can get with him."

I couldn't help but to jerk my head back to glare at her.

The moment John and Taylor saw me shock contorted onto their faces.

"What are you doing here?" Taylor snapped.

"I'm on a date with my boyfriend." I responded, nodding at Killian who looked just about ready to fight someone.

"Boyfriend? Why would a guy like him like a whore like you?"

Oh yes. How could I forget the degrading things Taylor says about others to make her feel better about herself.

A memory of her insulting Emora at the mall flooded back to me and it only angered me more.

Before I could hiss out a response, Killian did for me.

"Don't fucking talk to her like that." He snareled.

Then John spoke again. "Talk to my daughter like that again and we'll have a problem."

Killian scoffed. "We already have a problem!"

"Yeah, the problem is Eris over here stole you from me!" Taylor muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"What happened to Alfred and Lance, huh?" I asked.

"I don't need them anymore, they're both small."

I almost laughed at her words but remembered that I was trying to be intimidating.

"Well you can go take your bitchyness elsewhere-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, Taylor had flung herself onto me, swiping at me with her long stiletto nails like a rabid cat.

I ducked out of her reach before swinging my good fist to connect it with her jaw. Her head flew back at the force and she cried out from pain, cluthing her face and taking a step back.

"Daddy she hurt me!" She wailed.

John's eyebrows furrowed and he looked over to me.

He wouldn't hurt me, would he?

"Don't even think about it." Killian's low voice said. He stepped in front of me ready to take on the man if he even thought about laying a hand on me

"Young man, I should beat you to a pulp for allowing your girlfriend to abuse my innocent daughter."

Killian let out a dry laugh. "Your daughter's a bitch."

And then all hell broke loose.

John had flung himself onto Killian and a few nearby customers let out yelps of fright as the two men began to fight.

I myself yelled in shock when the large man took on my lean boyfriend.

Because he caught Killian by surprise, he was able to get one good punch in but after that it was over in minutes. Killian pounded his fists into John's face over and over with such force that there was a crack every time. He was fighting as if he was waiting for this moment for ages and in fact, he probably was- especially after John had the audacity to spit on his face at the gym. That level of disrespect is something I knew he wouldn't be able to tolerate.

The only reason he stopped was because I reached out and grabbed his bicep, pulling him back. I feared that if I didn't he would kill him.

I felt bad. I always felt bad after fights but I had to remember that John wanted to rape me and Taylor bullied my best friend. But was this what they deserved?

I felt like a bad person allowing this to happen but at the same time I felt that they deserved worse.

At that time, the manager of the restaurant ran up to us and ordered us all to leave. Killian was shaking with anger and his lip was busted from that one punch but he didn't hesitate to grab my hand to pull me out of the building.

John was having a bit of trouble walking without Taylor holding him up since Killian was true with his words and beat the shit out of him.

When we entered his black Camaro I turned to him, putting my hand on his before he could turn on the car.

"Are you alright?" I asked, searching his eyes.

He nodded. "Just a busted lip but I'm fine. Are you?"

I nodded. "I can not believe that just happened."

Killian rolled his eyes. "He had it coming. He should have never messed with you in the first place back at the gym."

I sighed, feeling mixed emotions about the whole situation. I was also beginning to feel hunger set in since we never even got our food.

"Im sorry." Killian's low voice was soft as he spoke these words. "Are you mad at me?"

I instantly shook my head. "Of course not why would I be mad?"

He shrugged. "I know you don't like it when I fight people. And you didn't have a chance to eat.

"Killian it's fine. I could never be mad at you. Let's just go find somewhere else to eat and try not to fight people while we're at it."