Chapter 44

At around 8:30 p.m. three loud knocks sounded at the front door.

Killian and I were laying in bed binge watching random TV shows when we heard it. I jumped up and ran downstairs to open the door since I knew it was Gemma. She had agreed to come for the movie night and came early so she could acquaint herself with Jax's friends.

I opened the door and smiled as I greeted her.

"Hey Ge-"

"Holy crap Eris this place is huge!" Gemma interrupts, "Is Killian really rich or something?"

"Something like that." I reply, stepping aside to let her enter.

"This is insane. I've never been in a mansion before!"

I laughed, ushering for her to follow me into the living room.

Jax and his friends were already there, looking bored as they waited to 9:00 to roll around. When we entered the room, all eyes flicked to us.

Gemma being Gemma wasted no time to introduce herself.

"Hi Guys! I'm Gemma!"

"Hey! This is Isabella, Adrian, and Kyler." Jax says, introducing his friends to her like he did to me.

Everyone waved in greeting.

"So now that we're all here, what movie are we watching?" Adrian asks.

He was sitting on one of the couches with Isabella while Kyler and Jax sat on the floor on a pile of fluffy blankets.

"Let's watch Us." Isabella suggests.

Kyler shakes his head disapprovingly. "That's not scary though!"

"Not all of us want to watch a scary movie." Isabella growls in response.

Kyler rolls his eyes before turning to Gemma.

"You like horror don't you?" He asks.

She shrugged, not wanting to take sides.

He then turned back to Isabella. "See? She likes horror! Everyone likes horror!"

Adrian threw a random couch pillow at him, successfully hitting him in the face. "Will you shut up?" He asked, not appreciating the fact that his girlfriend was being yelled at.

"Let's let the girls choose what to watch." A deep voice sounds from the doorway.

We all turn to see Killian standing there. He was wearing some grey sweatpants and a hoodie with his hands tucked in the pockets.

I was momentarily distracted at how good he looked but then I caught myself and turned away.

"I bet all the girls want to watch are boring romance movies like the The Fault In Our Stars." Kyler complained.

Gemma scoffed. "There's nothing wrong with that. Besides, I like The Fault In Our Stars."

Kyler blinked at her for a moment before speaking again.

"I mean yeah, there's nothing wrong with that and I also like that movie."

Gemma's eyes narrowed. "Oh yeah? What was your favorite part?"