Chapter 45

My eyes widened in shock when I processed Emora's words. I then immediately took her off speaker so that she wouldn't accidentally blurt her business out in front of everyone again.

"W-What?" I asked, standing up from the couch to leave my room. I needed to speak to her about this privately.

As I left, I passed Jax.

Oh God, Jax.

His shoulders were sagging and his expression was poisoned with shock and pain.

He must think she was associating with someone else while they were talking.

I made my way to the kitchen as I waited eagerly for Emora's response.

Finally she spoke.

"I really don't know what happened. I thought I had my period the other day when we went to the store to buy waffle ingredients but now I'm pregnant! I was feeling nauseated and was vomiting a lot a few days ago so I just tried one test just to see. When I saw it came out positive I tried more and got the same result."

"Well, have you had sex with anyone after you got your period?" I asked.

"No, that's the thing. The last time I had sex was when I was with Lance and his friends."

I shuddered. "Did they use protection?"

"I don't remember."

"Do you remember who was the last person to have sex with you?"

"I think it was Chance."

I closed me eyes to calm myself, anger boiling in my veins.

Chance might have gotten her pregnant.

"But Eris, listen-" Emora continued. "I think that time when I was bleeding at the store it wasn't my period at all.

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"It would be impossible to get my period, not have sex after, and still get pregnant."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I- I think it's dead. I think the fetus died and that was it's blood."

I froze. "Emora, that's impossible. You would have felt it, it would have hurt. That would only happen if you're like really sick."

"I did feel something! I was hurting really bad at the store but I thought it was just cramps!"

I rubbed my hands over my eyes and sighed.

"You have to go to the hospital."

"I know, I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning."

The line went silent for a moment as we both collected our thoughts.

"Wait, aren't you pregnant too?" Emora suddenly asks.

I winced, instantly feeling guilty.

"No, I was playing truth or dare with some friends and they dared me to prank you."

"Oh. Wait! Was I on speaker?"

I slowly nodded before realizing she couldn't see me so I mumbled out an answer instead.

"Yes."

"Who was listening?"

"Killian, Gemma, Adrian, Isabella, Kyler, and Jax."

Once again, there was silence between us. And then I heard soft sniffling.

"Emora? What's wrong?" I asked.