Chapter 5 - Briar Rose

I have this tendency in my life to always go for the wrong option

I have this tendency in my life to always go for the wrong option. If given two choices, I would always pick the worse one. Hence, it wasn't a surprise when that day, I decided to take a shortcut to college.

Damn, my luck.

I was squeezing water out of my hair and shirt, a minute before the lecture was supposed to start.

Really not my day.

"Are you alright?" A gentle, musical voice chimed in. I shot up a glance, and two brilliant azure coloured eyes stared back at me with curiosity. Instinctively, I jumped up my seat. The gorgeous guy before me had light blonde hair, almost appearing silver with the tube light's reflection, his arm muscles flexing through his body-fit shirt as he raised one hand to steady me, concern plastered on his face.

"Alice?"

My name in his captivating voice derailed me out of the trajectory of my thoughts.

"Yeah, just a bad day."

How did he know my name?

As if he had ears on my unspoken thoughts, he pointed down to the nameplate before my desk. Every student in the college had a nameplate against their seat for the professors to identify them.

Oh right!

"Can I help?" He asked.

"It's okay, thanks."

He slung his bag at the back of the seat beside me and placed his nameplate on the table, and the curious me glanced.

Seydon Cross.

"Are you by any chance-"

"No, I am not."

Woah, dude, let me at least finish.

"I didn't even complete-"

"I have been asked that question a lot in my undergraduate college. I am not related to Kaidon Cross."

What? He was Kai's batchmate? Jackpot! I wanna know all embarrassing stories about him!

"Kaidon went to the same college as you?"

He nodded as his lips curved up into an adorable boyish grin.

I was feeling cold with the wet clothes and the Air Conditioning switched on, but nothing could beat the fact that I had just come across someone who knew Kai for the time when I wasn't together with him. I got engrossed into our conversation and forgot about the chills. I asked him a lot about Kaidon. His grades, his hobbies, his relationships. Seydon didn't know a lot, but I did learn that Kai never dated in undergrad- At least not publicly. That was surprising.

Oh, I forgot to ask the main question, what course did he take up-

"Law, he was a law student."