Chapter 34 - Neverland Falls Apart

When you sit back relaxed and least expect something to happen, fate smiles upon you eerily as it makes sure that all hell breaks loose

When you sit back relaxed and least expect something to happen, fate smiles upon you eerily as it makes sure that all hell breaks loose. I don't know if there is a law to describe that, but the closest thing I could remember was the Murphy's Law.

I woke up the next morning with Alice curled up on my side. Her hair were ruffled, her face had no makeup, and she had a peaceful look on her face. Early morning Alice was my favourite. I had her home and her father's car all fixed up for her, but I didn't want to give the keys back, just out of the fear of her wanting to leave me. I wasn't sure if I could go back to a life where I didn't wake up next to her.

I shook the thoughts away and planted a kiss on her forehead and slid out of bed.

About two hours later she stepped outside the room, stretching her arms and her mouth open wide with a big yawn. I watched her while sipping my coffee as she hopped outside the main door to collect the newspaper that she forced me to get a subscription of. She scanned through the first page and then shoved it on the couch, the paper never to be seen again. Then she noticed me on the breakfast island. A smile turned up on her lips as she made her way towards me, combing her hair with her fingers.

I think I have had this thought before, but Alice is no doubt the stray cat that takes shelter in your home. You think you are the one helping her, but it is her owning the house, lazily sprawling around wherever she wants, scratching her nails on whatever surface she deems fit, and you just dance along to her tantrums.

This could be my everyday routine, and I would never complain.

"You made coffee?" She asked as she took a seat opposite me.

I nodded.

"Let's check what level of horrible it is today." She said as she took hold of my cup by the rim, slid it across the table and took a sip. I half expected her to throw up and mock gag like she always did, but when it didn't come, I looked up at her, confused.

"Wow, I am astounded! You finally learned how to make coffee."

"Well, I have a good teacher." I shrugged. "So, you got any classes today?"

"Just my elective course."

"The one you share with Seydon?"

She nodded.

I wonder if he was really interested in learning about Politics or just interested in her when he joined that course.

The sound of her phone's ringtone distracted us. She peeked down to check the caller ID and then picked up the phone.

"It's Sey," she mouthed to me.

He never once allowed us to call him that, his nickname, Sey. Always said that it made him appear like a little kid.

Stupid cousin.

"What does he want this early morning?"

She slid her finger across the screen and answered.