~Chapter 29~

"Damn it!" Inuyasha snarled as he tried over and over and over again to break through the barrier.

'Inu... yasha.' Inuyasha froze hearing Hana's voice.

"H-Hana?!"

'She needs us, now!'

"Don't you think I'm trying?!" Inuyasha then turned and cleared the group of yōkai that was trying to jump him.

'You're weak as you are now.'

"Shut it!"

'Release me, Inuyasha. I can get us through.'

"And to kill Hana?! I don't-"

'Inuyasha, I won't kill her, she's mine.' Inuyasha sat there in thought for a moment.

"Promise."

'Yes.' Inuyasha hesitated, then brought a shaky hand to the pendant.

"You can't hurt the others, it'd scare her." 

'I know, but whoever has her in there will learn who they're messing with.' Inuyasha took a shaky breath before he held the pendant. It took a lot of force, but, it finally gave away as he ripped it off and threw it to the side. Suddenly, his heart felt like someone was trying to rip it out of his chest, his body burned and throbbed painfully, his head spinning and rushing greatly. He clutched at his chest feeling as if he couldn't breathe as he fell to his knees. He choked and gasped, tears falling from his eyes as his mouth hung open, his fangs growing sharp enough to tear through flesh without any effort.

'It hurts!' He thought, his voice out of his control at this point.

'It hurts!!'

'Get a hold of yourself, you're lucky I'm holding back! Break the damned barrier before Hana is killed!' Inuyasha clenched his jaw letting out a whimper, but his demon was right. So, he willed himself to ignore the pain by some miracle as he stood up and turned to the barrier.

'Go, Inuyasha.' Inuyasha's claws glowed gold as he walked closer, then, he struck it. The barrier wavered, so Inuyasha quickly took the chance to slip in. Thankfully, unlike Hana, he didn't pass out due to him being used to traversing other worlds. He looked around for a moment, then his nose twitched.

'She's nearby.' His body moved on its own, he had no control again, and he was scared.

Kagome flinched, then glanced back.

'Hmm.' She sighed before her grip loosened just the slightest bit.

"We have company.~" Hana didn't respond, she was on the fence of blacking out by now. When a soft skidding sound could be heard, Kagome turned to look, Inuyasha. His beast was ready to kill her, but Inuyasha managed to fight past him just enough to freeze in his tracks. One of his irises bled from sky blue to their normal golden color as his body shook violently.

"K-Kagome?" He choked out.

'Kill her!' His beast snarled as it clawed it's way back in control, but Inuyasha fought him. Naraku grinned before dropping Hana who went limp. Naraku then let Kagome's eyes return to normal.