~Chapter 46~

Hana lost count of the days. It felt like forever, and every day was the same. Shi would come and talk to her about her choice, and yet, she stayed stubborn. That was until he brought something else up.

"If they can't kill Naraku, and if he wins, your family will die." That was all she needed to hear. However, he told her to wait. She asked why, and he gave his reason.

"The fresher your soul is, the better." He was right. She had to die, and she knew just how to do it. She fiddled with the dagger, she was no longer scared, but she was scared of Inuyasha hating her for doing this. Shi knew this.

"Dear, what is wrong?" He asked sitting on the bed next to her. He always did this, he always got touchy with Hana, she was used to it.

"Nothing." Hana whispered not even looking at him Shi grinned, he had broken her, he knew that. He didn't lie to her, he didn't force anything on her, he simply reminded her of what she already knew. Was that a bad thing? He put a hand on her shoulder, then ran it down her arm, then her thigh.

"You're stressed." Hana didn't respond. He sighed before moving and pushing her down. Hana finally reacted, she stared up at him with scared eyes as he caged her under him.

"Do not worry my dear." He said before leaning down putting his face in her neck taking in her scent.

"Everything will turn out just fine." He whispered before licking her neck making Hana jump. She put her hands on his chest trying to push him off.

"Shhh, you're safe dear, I promise." He said before pulling back a little. He leaned down ready to place his lips on her own, then a large boom and crashing sound made him freeze and Hana jump cowering a little. He let out a soft growl, then a heavy sigh.

"I believe it is time, Hana." He then turned to smoke. Hana sat there for a moment. Sure, he had touched her before, sometimes a little too much or weirdly, but not like that. Was he wanting to rape her? Why did this always happen to her?! Then again, the butterfly demon did mention priestesses were rare, is that why? Hana pushed these thoughts to the side as she got off the bed walking to the door. She tried to open it, she couldn't. He had given her full access to the kingdom after she agreed to his plan, so why not now? Hana sighed already giving up, there was no point. She walked back to the bed and sat down, once again, fiddling with the dagger. She waited, that's all she ever did now. Just wait, and wait, and wait. She sat there for some time, then, she felt something. Something familiar. What was this? It was warm, comforting.

'What are you?' She thoughts as she stared at the door. It was so familiar, it was bugging her. As if to distract her, the magic of the dagger overrode this feeling making her look down at it again. She closed her eyes, holding the dagger close to her chest. She suddenly jumped when she felt that feeling again, the oh so familiar feeling. She looked up seeing a small pink flame, the same flame she saw when she was lead to Inuyasha. Inuyasha. Inuyasha! It was Inuyasha she felt!

"Inuyasha." She whispered as tears welled in her eyes. The flame danced by the door, beckoning her, telling her to go. She shot up and ran to the door pounding her fists on it.

"Inuyasha!" She called.

"Inuyasha, please, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I ever even thought of it! I said I wouldn't leave, I promised, I know I did! Please, I don't want to die!" She yelled as she tried to open the door.

"Inuyasha!!!" She screamed, her voice cracking, tears pouring from her eyes dripping to the ground below. She suddenly felt cold, her hands freezing on the door as her body tensed without her wanting it to.

'Are you really going back now?' She saw black smoke slowly creep itself around her.

'Shame, I thought you were a smart girl, Hana.' It covered her mouth, then her nose.

'Don't you want them to survive?' Her eyes were next. She felt like she did in her dream just as Naraku took control. Her body started to move on its own as it surrounded her whole body.

'I get it, you're scared, who wouldn't be? Don't worry, dear, I'll aid you.~' Suddenly, the smoke was gone. 

"Hana!" She couldn't move, but she saw them, heard them.

"What did you do to her?!" 

'Inuyasha!'

"Oh, I didn't do anything to her, Inuyasha." Shi spoke in a calm tone.

"I merely reminded her of what she already knew."

"What?" He asked gritting his teeth. He didn't know what to do. If he stormed him he'd kill her!

"Well, for starters, she will be your death."

"She would never!" Aia snapped.

"Naraku would, though. Thanks to her training with Eiko she's more intuned with her powers than Kagome ever was, Naraku knows this, he will use this to his advantage." Shi explained making everyone fall silent.

"Furthermore, another thing Naraku will do." He continued.

"Show it or not, Naraku has Inuyasha wrapped around his finger. One wrong move, Inuyasha will be his, he will kill Hana and that will haunt him for the rest of his life." Inuyasha snarled.

"However, me and Hana have discussed a solution. Show them the dagger, dear." Hana slowly held it up.

'No.' She couldn't stop.

"This is a dagger that will reap the soul of whomever's hear it pierces. Once it reaps a soul, it holds it forever. Because of this, once it reaps her soul, you can easily use this on Naraku killing him in one stab. Isn't that right, dear?" Shi asked not taking his eyes off of Inuyasha.

'No!'

"Yes." She couldn't even control her voice no more?

"BULLSHIT!!!" Inuyasha nearly screamed. 

"Tsk tsk, Inuyasha. Always this loud? Either way, she knows it's for the best. You all will be saved, this land will be saved." He looked her dead in the eye.

"Her family will live."

'My family, that's right. Papa, Yoshifumi, grandma, all of them.' Her body slowly relaxed as Shi grinned softly.

'I promised Inuyasha, but...' 

"We refuse to stoop that low, give Hana back!" Kaito yelled.

'I have to.' Suddenly, Inuyasha rose his weapon.

"Let her go!" He growled.

'I'm sorry, Inuyasha.' She suddenly felt normal again, so she moved her finger. She was back in control. Suddenly, a dark crystal surrounded her and quickly lifted her to the sky, then there was a crash. Where she stood was untouched, but where Shi stood, it was abolished. Hana looked at the dagger once more, then she raised it up pointing it at her chest closing her eyes, tears falling.

'I'm so sorry, please, everyone, forgive me.' She only moved an inch.

'NO!!!' She froze, her eyes wide.

"M-... M-Mama?"