Chapter 7

Hey, guys, this one is a hefty chapter. If anything of this concerns you or a friend, or you need someone to talk to, please call your local hotline or lifeline.

Chris's POV

"Melissa, you're all right, it's Chris" I spoke to Melissa calmly. She looked up at me again. "Jake, please don't" She spoke in a shaky voice, tears now streaming down her face.

"Melissa is Chris, of your fine; Jake isn't here," I tell her, sitting back in front of her. Again she looks up at me. "Chr... Chris?" She says.

"Yes, Melissa is me," I tell her, opening myself with my hands out so she can take hold of them. She looked at me again, her eyes glassy "it's ok" I tell her she reached out to mind, hands gripping them. I take her to the couch, sitting down. I wrap my arm around her as she leans into me.

My door opens "Chris; something is wrong with your dad, he's not answering his phone, or opening his door," my receptionist Ally said.

I walk over to my phone and call him, no answer. "Can you call my mum, something is wrong?" I tell Melissa, who nods as I hand her my phone, walking towards his office.

"Dad," I say, he locked door. "Get a Key now," I yell at our office employees. I try to peep in, but I couldn't see anything until I see the window open. "Where this fucking key!" I yell. "FUCK," I say, grabbing a chair and smashing it through the glass.

"Careful" I say as Melissa is on the phone to my mum, I wasn't concentrating on what she was saying, more on where the hell my dad is and if he is ok. "Get everyone away from here and get someone to ring 911," I whisper to Melissa.

________

"Dad," I whisper. He looked at me. He looked so different, red eyes, dark circles, his suit jacket, and tie were off.

"Dad, talk to me." I tell him, "I can't do this, son. The company is yours," he said.

"Dad come in, tell me what's wrong" I try to talk to him, as I feel a tap on the shoulder.

I walked out to see Melissa on the floor huddled into a ball, work colleagues trying to calm her down. Shit, the glass breaking triggered this.

"Melissa is ok, I'm here," I say as I look down at the phone to see mum's name on the screen.

The man who tapped me on the shoulder, I'm guessing a trained negotiator, came out with my father, and a paramedic came with a gurney. 

"Everyone can have the rest of the day off. If you need support, please send me a message and we will compensate for this incident." I tell the staff as they all went back to the desk.

I called mum and told her that Dad was in an ambulance on the way to the hospitable, and Melissa was with me. I helped Melissa up, and we drove to the hospital with the car that's outside waiting for us.

__________

Melissa and I sat in the waiting room. It surprised me Melissa was the one comforting me, she's through a lot. She rubbed my back as my head fell into my hands between my legs. 

"Mummy. Mr Chris" I heard a voice. I looked up to see Abby running towards my mum running after her and us.

"Abby baby, don't run please," I hear Melissa replied kissing her daughter. I wasn't sure if Melissa will say to her what's happened, as a three almost 4-year-old has seen a lot for her age, and I wouldn't want to scare her.

I then hear her say that my dad wasn't feeling well. I see her look up at me as she crawls into my lap. "Are you ok?" she asked me. "I will be fine," I told her, kissing her on the forehead. My mum came and sat next to me, rubbing me on my back.

"Hey baby, why don't we go buy Mr. Wood a present," I hear Melissa say. "Ok, I'm going to buy your daddy a big present so that he can get better," Abby tells me. Making me smile, "Thank you," I mouthed to Melissa, who smiled and squeezed my hand.

When she was out of sight, I fell into my mum's lap crying. "Mum, it was so scary, he was standing there on edge," I told my mum as she rubbed my back and kissed me and sighed.

"He told me something, and I think we need to do it now before he does something that could lose us this company," I told my mum desperately, sitting up I looked at her. 

Mum's face was the same since she came in; God Chris come on you need to be strong. "We will wait till we see how he is," I told her deciding that it wasn't the best time to talk business.

Melissas POV

I took Abby away so Chris and Mrs Wood could have time alone and to themselves. We went to the gift shop to buy Mr Wood something beautiful. Abby insisted that we buy him a teddy bear and balloons.

Once we finished at the gift shop, we went to the cafeteria to buy some food for us and Mrs Wood and Chris. "Mummy is Mr Chris's dad going to be ok," My daughter asks me, I sighed.

 she's so curious and I don't want to like to hear, not about what he tried to do at her age. She's already been through a lot with me, and what she's seen with what her fathers done.

I stopped and pulled her to the side of the hallway sitting on one chair in the hall. "Baby, I know you have seen a lot with me and what your daddy has done to me, but this topic is a little more complicated, Ok, and it's not the right time to talk to you about it, your way too young to hear about it. Ok?" I told Abby, hoping she would understand.

"So he isn't sick?" She asked me. "He is Abby, just not in the way you think, but these gifts will help him get better," I started. "Should we go see if we can go see him?" I asked my daughter, who nodded.

We walked into the hallway where Mrs Wood and Chris were no longer there; thankfully a doctor walked by "Excuse me, where is Mr Woods room?" I asked the male nurse. 

"What's your relationship, or I could tell you if you went on a date with me," he told me, coming on to me.

"My father-in-law," I say, looking down at my daughter, gulping her looked at her then back up me. "Follow me." He replied, "Coming baby, let's go see pop," I tell Abby.

When we arrived at the door of his room, the nurse told me, "If it doesn't work out here's my number, and I love kids."

I rolled my eyes and when we left, I gagged, and Abby laughed. "Chris would be a much better daddy," Abby Tells me with a smile. 

I promised two chapters :) There you have it if I feel like it I will give you an extra one because of you all so kind :)