Chapter 26

Melissa's POV

The next morning Chris got up making Abby and I breakfast, while I got Abby ready.

When we arrived downstairs as he served breakfast, scrambled eggs on toast, Abby completed one of her chores which was to set the table with knives, forks and plates, I showed her the correct way to set them up, but added it to the list of the things to buy.

"So during my lunch break, did you to want to come to the new cafe and have a look around?" Chris asked Abby and I.

"Sure, that sounds like a plan" I reply with a smile.

"OK, well I need to get ready, Abby if you help with cleaning up, do you think you should get an extra sticker?" Chris asked Abby.

I could see Abby thinking for a minute, "Can we make that a rule?" Abby asked at; Chris looked at me. "Deal we will write it down before we leave?" I suggest. "Deal" Abby replied, shaking her mum's hand.

I see Chris chuckle "I will have a shower" he spoke up leaving the room, not before kissing me, with Abby giggling in the background.

Abby helped me clean up, I asked her to go get her texted so we can add the recent rule onto her rule board.

I pulled her rule board down and place it the bench so we could write it down on her rule board. When I finished writing it down, I put it back up on the wall.

"So, should we get ready to go to the shops again?" I asked Abby, nodding her head as we headed upstairs. We walked into Abby's room getting her clothes so we could head off to the shops before we need to be at the new cafe.

Chris walked into the bathroom, seeing Abby undressed "Oh sorry, I was mmm" He started, unsure if he should be in the room, Abby giggled. "It's ok come in," I responded smiling as I continued to bathe Abby.

"I was just going to say I will head into work and will see you at lunchtime, and here" Chris spoke going into his back pocket, pulling out a bank card.

"This is my spare but, I am getting one made for you, so you don't have to keep borrowing the card." Chris explained to me.

"Thank you, you didn't need to do this" I smiled taking it from him and placing it on top of the bench next to the sink.

"No problems, so I will see you two at lunch at mum new cafe" Chris spoke leaning down to kiss me, "May I?" Chris asked Abby, she nodded with a smile. Chris gave Abby a kiss and leaving the two girls getting ready to head out to the shops.

______________

We arrived at the shops I helped Abby out of the car walking into the shopping mall.

"Ok lets go to target, we will see if we can find everything there, if not we will have a look at other stores, then we will go to the new cafe" I tell Abby. She nodded with a smile.

We walk into Target Abby immediately wanted to go towards the toy section. I knew I need a basket, but I decided that it would be best to get a shopping cart so Abby to sit in.

I push the cart towards the arts and crafts sections to get popsicle sticks, pipe-cleaners, craft cotton balls, and a few more crayons, large chalk.

"Mummy with my money how about we have play money in case we lose it?" Abby asked me.

"Thats an excellent idea, how about we go look for that and containers for some of your craft things and because you have been so good you can get something, and I will get you a colouring book for the cafe to keep you entertained." I tell Abby, smiling she nods her head.