Chapter 40

Authors POV

A few weeks past, the two adults happy they knew the gender of their twins. Abby went to school excited to tell her classmates she is going to have a brother and sister.

While Abby is at school, Melissa and Chris took this an opportunity to head off to purchase much-needed items for their babies. "How do you want to do this?" Chris asked

"I don't know. Let's have a look and decide; personally, I don't want to buy anything we don't have to" Melissa explained. "Babe, you're in with money now, you need not worry, ok" Chris smiled holding her wrist. "Ok," Melissa smiled, looking at her wrist as the fear coming back to her in waves, believing that he is going to hurt her. "Come on, let's go choose their cribs, and should we get one or two changing tables?" Chris asked.

"Do you think we should get two in case of an emergency?" Melissa suggested, thinking of the possibilities that their twins could be on the same cycle as each other.

"Sure let's have a look and measure up the rooms" Chris suggested giving her a smile allowing her to think what's going to be best for her children.

"Sure, I would like to bring Abby here to buy clothes" Melissa explained not wanted to leave her other daughter out and allow her to be a part of the decisions too.

"I will allow you two to have a girls' day, while I do manly things like painting their rooms around the house." Chris puffed out his chest, speaking in a deep voice. She took hold of his hand, walking down into the newborn section at the back of the store. They had all the cribs, changing tables and storage units, where all the essentials stored away and out of sight, so the little sticky-fingered people can not get to them.

Chris felt excited, looking at all the items that he can build for his babies. Been melissa second time around looked for the most comfortable and least expensive items, even though Chris says she's in with money now and didn't have to worry.

The pair looked around at all the essential newborn items, coming across two cots with a changing table added to the side. They kept that one in their heads as a contender; it meant one less item they would need to buy and build.

They looked at rocking chairs, portable bassinets, portable playpens, chested draws to put all their clothes in, along with nappy bins.

Chris's mind started racing with ideas as did Melissa's though her mind still caught up on having a budget. Her mind racing, going wild over ideas for her baby boy and girl along with Abby's room since it will be their forever home.

"Hey, can we think of ideas for Abby's room? Getting their room ready might make her feel a little left out, she doesn't have much in her room. I want her to feel as though she's still our number one" Melissa asked feeling anxious that she's leaving her baby girl out and not concentrating on her as much she has been.

"Sure, so what were you thinking?" Chris asked as they were at the back of the store, looking at all the items suddenly feeling overwhelmed.

Melissa sits down on a chair conveniently located where they were standing. "I'm thinking I need to sit down" Melissa sighed, rubbing her back. Chris got behind her, rubbing her shoulders.

"How about we go to have a sit down at the cafe across the road and look at designs, and come back with a fresh mind? For all the kids' bedrooms" Chris whispered into Melissa's ears. Melissa nodded, smiling.

"I like that Idea, I am also Hungry, so are the twins" Melissa smiled rubbing her protruding stomach, with the help of Chris she stood up as they walk out of the store.

The pair sat in a booth looking at ideas on Pinterest. "I like the joint crib and changing table." Melissa looked closely, squinting her eyes. This is from one of her many injuries that her former lover and Abby's father. The first injury that sent her to the ER and many of the injuries she had to lie about.

"It would save a lot of room. If we could add in a couch so you can nurse them and they can fall asleep in my arms", Chris started chuckling.

"Yeah, and you will drool all over them" Smiling Melissa laid her head on his shoulder as they create dream bedrooms for their children.

"What if we bring Abby back here so she can have a look around for her bedroom" Chris suggested, moving his body around to see a smiling Melissa.

"She would love that, I would love that too. Thank you" Melissa smiled, looking at her fiancé. He pulled her in, kissing her on the forehead. "Nothing would make me happier to make my girls happy" Chris smiled, as the two loved up parents smiled into each other's eyes.

Chris had his tea while Melissa had a milkshake. Both deciding to go off coffees for the rest of her pregnancy. They ate food before heading back to the baby store and purchase the items they decided on, hoping to come back and allow Abby to design her own room.

The pair walked back into the store refreshed and ready to purchase all the essential items for their twins. When returning to the store, one sales assistants walked up to them, prepared to help and buy the items and asking if they could deliver their items.

Walking around the store again with the sales assistant, they had more of an idea on how they can decorate their twins' rooms. First, they would be in one place, they would each have their own side of the room, with a natural tone and decorations designed for their gender. They would add a couch under the medium size windowsill.

They went with two grey cots with a changing table extending off each of them, along with two thin coloured tulles that can hang from the wall or ceiling as an accent piece for each side of the room. Opting for a large diaper bin instead of getting two.

Then found a beautiful large playpen on wheels they could move around the house, downstairs. Finding two padded baby seats for the kitchen table or living ears where ever they were going to eat. Finding two small tubs for the bath to bathe them for the first couple of months.

The sales assistant wrote everything down they needed, taking them up to the cashier. "Ok, what we can do it place it on order and have it delivered in a month and if you add anything on, with in the next week or two, we will make sure it's delivered on the same day as the order." The older lady smiled.

"When are you due?" The lady started small talk. "Late September early October." Melissa smiled with Chris's rubbing her back.

"Are they your first children?" The older lady asked again.

"Not for me, I have a 4-year-old daughter, and he is her father figure, so I guess it's our second, but his first for babies" Melissa smiled.

"Well, We can offer you a special discount, and put you in the run for an amazing $1000 gift card," Melissa and Chris as the lady spoke.

"Only if you can give it to a single mother that desperately needs it. That's if we win" Chris started, with the sales assistant looking at Chris unsure. "We can do that, but won't you need it?" She asked, confused.

"I come from money, so I doubt we need we'll need it, so please let us know if we win and give it to someone who needs it, or at least let us choose a young woman or a single mother who needs it more than us" Chris explained. She nodded perplexed. "Sure, if you just put your details here and add that note we will call you if you win, if you do you can give it away" she explained. Melissa and Chris smiled, happy they could do it and potentially give the money away to a woman who needs it.

____________

Throughout the week, Melissa and Chris went to different stores slowly, putting together and designing the children's nursery. The most crucial part of the nursery; is to get the painting before everything is to arrive, and it doesn't smell of paint fumes when their two bundles of joy come into the world.

They went for a neutral colour. Starting to pick different pieces for around the room along with tulle material that will go over their bed, covering the space with teddy bears, puppies and Yankee posters. Though at the moment it looked like a pig stye, and wouldn't look complete until all their new furniture is put together and set up.