Chapter 34

Chris's POV

"Shh..." I whisper, hoping to calm her down, "your safe, your not with him," I whisper, trying to calm her down, but her screaming worsens, becoming louder as she shakes, and her lips quiver, the only thing I can do is to let the dream pass. It hurts me to see her like this and that I can't do anything.

"Melissa, it's Chris, your at home with me," I whisper again stroking her hairline.

"Melissa, your not in that wear house your at-home ok, try to come out of the dream, and you will see your not there," I whisper, her screaming subsides. "That's it babe, you can open your eyes, I'm right here" whispering, she stops shaking, she is still quivering through her awareness is coming back, slowly Melissa opens her eyes. Melissa turns her head to me; I smile. Her comet blue eyes are grey, filled with fear. "I'm here; I will always protect you" Chris whispers, kissing her forehead.

"I'm scared." she quivers.

"I know, your with me, how about when your feel like it, you tell me or my mum about your dream, and we can confirm your appointment with the phycologist so we can help you feel better" I explained, nodding she gave me a small smile and her eyes turned back to a somewhat blue tone.

____________

The kids ran inside the house with ice cream stains all over their faces. "Mum, daddy wen to see fishes and got ice cream" Abby jumped up and down.

"What kind of fishes did you see?" I asked Abby, disregarding the fact she called me daddy.

"Lot's I can't remember all the names, but we saw sharks, penguins, starfish" Abby listed all the marine animals she could remember. My mum came over to Melissa and I. "How are you feeling?" My mum asked Melissa.

"I'm good," Melissa lied, mum nodded. "Hey, why don't we go upstairs and change, and have a nap, cause I am tired too" I reply to my mum and Abby, who nods. "But I'm not tired," Abby whines Yawning.

"It's ok; I'll put her down for a nap, you go up and take one," My mum says as Melissa sisters come over sitting by Melissa.

"Hey, Abbs why don't we leave your mum and your aunties alone for a while, your cousins are young to take a nap too, you've had a big morning" I hear my mum say as I walk up the stairs.

Authors POV

While Chris went upstairs to take a nap, his mother took Abby upstairs for her rest. Melissa and her sisters, chatted. "So, how was the aquarium?" Melissa asked.

"Good, have seen mum and dad. I think some sparks are flying again." Jess replied with a smile.

 Melissa and Krissy look at each other; Krissy rolls her eyes, replying "it's been five years, they are just friends, and just because they have been friendly doesn't mean they will get back together, plus we are here for Mel" Krissy explained to her younger sister. Jess rolled her eyes. Since she's the younger sister, Jess has always had to compete with her sisters.

"I'm just glad they had fun," Melissa replied, smiling. Her sisters nodded. "Hey, how are you going?" Krissy asked Melissa smiled. "I'm all right," Melissa replies. Krissy looks at her middle sister, who sighed.

"I'm having my nightmares about Jake again," Melissa tells her sisters, Jess sits back while Krissy's concerned about Melissa.

"Mel, why didn't you tell me, you know I am 2 hours away," Krissy spoke annoyed but also concerned for her sister's safety.

"I know, but you have three kids, a job, a husband that in the navy, your hands a full already."

"Still, mum is three hours away, and dad is always traveling with work." Krissy started. "If I'm not around to help, I'm sure Jess would be happy to help," Krissy continued as Jess scoffed. "I have to work too, and I have kids" Jess replied, "Well, at least your partner is here and not on a boat protecting the country," Krissy angrily told Jess, who rolled her eyes.

"Still, hey, I will stay here, I'll see if dad can take the kids or Dave's parents." Krissy started, while Jess sat there, the deciding get up and leave with Krissy and Melissa look at each other.

"What's wrong with here?" Melissa asked her older sister, shrugging their shoulders as they talk about their own lives, Krissy more interested in Melissa's new love interest.

"So you and Chris, I don't exactly know how you to meet?" Krissy asked her younger sister for all the juicy details. Melissa blushed, it wasn't exactly the best first meeting she had hoped for meeting her soul mate, but if he wasn't in the store or if Jake hadn't turned up, it could have turned out differently.

"Have your guys?" Krissy asked Melissa Blushed.

"Oh, my gosh you have" Krissy screamed with excitement, Melissa continued to blush, Krissy smiled, seeing her sister like this smiling about a man. Krissy loved to see her eyes light up with hope and promise that everything can be all right.

After their conversation about Chris, Melissa felt tried. "Are you feeling tired?" Krissy asked Melissa yawned, trying to keep her eyes open. "Have a sleep," Krissy whispered, getting up from the couch, as Melissa closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.