Nothing truly dies

Joseph wanted to slap himself. He was such a fucking idiot. He made his own husband hate him and even went as far as trying to kill himself. He didn't think that there was anything he could do to fix his relationship anymore. It was like a beautiful rose wilting away.

Holly hated him too. Or at least, that's what he thought, although she didn't, she was just pissed. She called him, screaming at him about how he was an idiot for cheating on someone as wonderful as Caesar. She was right.

He buried his hands in face, almost wanting to cry. He was going to lose Caesar like he lost Suzi many years ago, but this time, it was his fault. He let out a shaky sigh, forcing back tears.

~

Caesar contemplated about his marriage. He had no idea what was going to happen. On one hand, he could get a divorce and find someone "better" or stay with Joseph and try building up their relationship again.

The first one seemed easier and the one that would hurt less. It was final. It was over. He slowly got up from his bed and made his way downstairs where Joseph was to tell him the news when he bumped into something.

He looked to see what the hell he just hit when he saw it. It was the picture Kakyoin had drawn for them. Their wedding photo. Caesar couldn't help but smile at it. He remembered the day when Joseph proposed him. He was being stupid about it and had his old doopy grin on his face that Caesar loved.

His smile grew wider when he thought about the actual wedding itself. It was perfect, even if Joseph was a dumbass. He let out a small chuckle at the thought. He couldn't bring himself to leave Joseph, he just couldn't, no matter what he did. Of course, it would take a while to repair the relationship and for Caesar trusting Joseph, but he didn't mind.

Caesar crept downstairs and headed towards Joseph, who jumped when he saw the blond headed man. He sat down next to him. There was a long silence before Caesar decided to say anything.

"Can we talk?" Was the only thing he could muster.

Joseph looked to the side before sharply inhaling. "Look Caesar I know what you're going to say. I'm a fucking idiot and a scumbag as well as a douche for what I did to you. You are such a wonderful and beautiful person and you don't need that. I don't deserve you. I don't deserve someone as perfect as you. If you want a divorce then I'm okay with it. I completely understand-"

Joseph was cut off by Caesar gently cupping his cheeks and softly caressing them. "You're right about most of those things. That, you're an idiot and that I deserve better...but as much as those things are true, I still want you. I want to be with you."

Caesar paused for a minute. He wanted to do something but he wasn't sure what. When he looked at Joseph's surprised face, he knew exactly what he wanted. He leaned down and placed a kiss on Joseph's forehead.

"After all, you're the only one who can fill my void of an empty heart." Caesar faintly smiles as he finished the sentence. Joseph was silent. He just slid his hand onto Caesar's back, pulling him into a hug, which Caesar gladly excepted.

There was a small silence in the room, the two did nothing but hug each other. Joseph was the one to break it.

"Ya know, Caesar-chan, your hands  are really soft"

A wide smile grew on Caesar's face, he lightly tapped his face replicating a slap. "Stop calling me 'Caesar-Chan', you idiota!"

The two men laughed loudly at their act. It would take a while for their relationship the same, but it was worth the wait.

~

i'll post an actual chapter soon guys, i promise. I was planning on posting the next one today so it'll be a matter of time. I was originally gonna post it before this one but I realized that this story is getting hella sad so I wanted to do something sweet.