My loneliness is killing me

It's rebound time hoes.

-

Jotaro was an emotional wreck without Kakyoin. He missed him every second of each day without. The only thing Jotaro felt like doing was smoking and sleeping. In other words, his mental health was literal shit.

His new way of life wasn't unnoticed. In fact, everyone knew and was worried. Mostly Holly and Jolyne. Although they expressed the greatest amount of concern everyone tried their hardest to cheer him up.

Joseph, Polnareff, and Holly of them tried to take his mind off of Kakyoin by trying to get him to do something that he liked, an example, going to the ocean. Avdol suggested to Jotaro to talked it out with Kakyoin without breaking into an argument. Despite all the help he was getting, none of it worked. Or at least the first option, he completely refused talking with Kakyoin. Too many things would've or could've happened.

Jolyne also tried, her efforts weren't as big as the others but it was significant. She got him to vent about it. It wasn't for that long and it was brief but it did help him a bit.

But of course, after that, he continued on with his now normal schedule. It wasn't until someone special came along and "talked" to him.

~★~

Jolyne knocked softly on her dad's door, attempting to get his attention. "Dad?...You up?"

"What."

"Someone wants to talk to you."

On the other side of the door was a loud noise and a string of curse words. After that, was loud footsteps coming going to the door. Jolyne stepped back expecting it to slam open, which it did.

Jotaro (unintentionally) glared at his daughter, angrily. "Who?" Jolyne just pointed downstairs to the door, "she's outside." Jotaro groaned and tiredly walked downstairs. He really didn't want to talk or be around anyone at the moment.

When Jotaro did finally make it to the door and answered it, his face contorted into a scowl. "Marina." He said, with venom in his tone.

"Look, I know you're upset-"

"I'm beyond upset with your skank-"

"Okay, I get it. I'm just here because I wanted to clear my name. Wanna go for a walk?"

Jotaro rolled his eyes a little and turned to face Jolyne who was standing in front of the two. "I'm going out for a bit. Don't...die, I guess..?" She nodded and the two walked out.

~★~

The walk started off quiet, with the only noise being the occasional car passing by them and their slow footsteps. Finally, Marina broke the silence with a small cough.

"Mr. Caesar told me you and Noriaki broke up."

"Yeah. We did." His tone filled with anger, it was obvious that he pissed off at her.

"...I'm sorry. At least you'll be able to find someone better."

"Better?"

God, what was she getting herself into?

"I-um...yeah?"

His expression changed completely. She never imagined that a human could make that big of a frown. "How's that?"

"For one, someone who doesn't cheat on you."

Jotaro rolled his eyes before sarcastically commenting, "someone like you? Marina, I get the game you're trying to play with me and I'm really not in the mood to play it."

Due to Marina's failures on earning Jotaro back, she was pushed to her final move. "Jotaro I promise you I wasn't trying to get Noriaki to cheat on you-"

"Oh, then what happened? Did you just randomly end up in his lap? Did he force himself on you or something?"

She stepped closer to him as he finished his statement. She placed her hand on Jotaro cheek, rubbing it gently. "JoJo...do you really think I'd lie about something like that?"

Despite the fact that she was clearly lying to him, he couldn't help but believe her. At this point, he was too vulnerable to realize it.

His expression softened and his body relaxed a little. As soon as Marina noticed these small details, she got closer and closer to him. Soon enough, she placed her lips on his. They were soft and sweet. Almost like Kakyoin's.

He liked it.

-

This was suggested by forbiddenhermit. I did change quite a bit of things so that it could match the current storyline, so I hope that's ok but it does still have the basic plot. Anyways I had a fun and painful time writing this so :^)