8: Roaring Sports Festival

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 festival

 /ˈfɛstɪv(ə)l/

 noun

a day or period of celebration, typically for religious reasons.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone put in their own efforts to train in order to participate. Those two weeks flew by in the blink of an eye.

-2 weeks later-

Today is the day of the grand event! You and your class were in the 1-A waiting room, waiting for the festival to begin. You were trying to calm your nerves by talking to Ashido and Tsu about random topics.

"I really wanted to wear my costume. Dang it!" Ashido grumbled.

"Yeah, same!" You agreed while eating super spicy chips and a salad.

"To keep things fair, we can't." Ojiro added.

"Everyone, are you ready?" Iida busted through the door, "We'll be entering soon! And (Y/N), why are you eating now?"

"Oh, eating certain foods help boost my quirk." You rubbed the back of your neck. 

"Please don't eat too much!" Iida did his weird hand-chopping motion. 

"Kay."

Izuku was on the other side of the waiting room, muttering something. The whole class was already used to it by now. 

"Midorya." Shoto's impassive voice cut right through the atmosphere of the room.

"Todoroki? What is it?" Izuku faltered.

Izuku's stuttering voice caused everyone to stop and look at the two boys.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." He said a-matter-of-factly.

"Huh, Y-Yeah..." Izuku stumbled over his words, and nodded his head.

"But, All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?"