22: Reminisce

_________________________________________________________________________________________

reminisce

/ˌrɛmɪˈnɪs/

verb

indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

It all started with Aoyama. He presented his code name to the class, which was a whole sentence. Midnight had helped him shorten it. 

After that was sorted out, Asido went next. Her code name didn't exactly make the cut either.

You bit on the back of the pen as you racked your brain for answers. What code name were you going to choose?

"Is it okay if I go next?" Tsu raised her hand.

Midnight nodded and gestured for her to come up to the front of the class.

She placed her whiteboard down on the podium.

"Froppy"

Midnight approved of the name and the atmosphere in the classroom instantly brightened. Froppy had turned the mood around with her adorable code name.

You gave Kirishima a thumbs up along with a wobbly smile as he stood up to show the class the name he had chosen.

He chose a name that was similar to his idol's name, Crimson Riot.

Now you were starting to feel panicked if not already. Kirishima was so darn cool!

After that, the names just kept coming. Jiro, Shoji, Sero, Ojiro, Sato, Ashido, Kaninari, Hagakure, Yaomomo, Shoto, Tokoyami, Mineta, Koda and Ochako had all successfully chosen a suitable hero name. Even though Shoto only used his given name, it still counted.

You, as well as a few classmates, were still struggling to choose.

The only ones left were you, Izuku, Iida, and Katsuki, who had to rethink his.

Iida was next. Like Shoto, he came up and presented his given name.

You glanced over at Izuku, who looked deep in thought as he was writing something down. You saw the name he wrote and smiled.