16: Friend vs Friend

_________________________________________________

versus

/ˈvəːsəs/

preposition

against (especially in sporting and legal use)

_____________________________________________________________________

7 minutes earlier

After your encounter with Endeavor, you were still a bit aghast that he recognized you after almost 11 years. On your way back to the stadium you ran into Izuku as he was going to the waiting room to prepare for his next match. 

"Hey, Izuku, good luck on your match with Sho-kun, I'll be cheering for you," You gave a small smile and winced in pain as you kicked the side of your leg for lying through your teeth. Well, it wasn't exactly a lie, it was just a form of encouragement for your good friend. You were gonna cheer for the both of them anyway.

"(Y/N)...? Are you okay? You just kicked yourself," Izuku sweatdropped.

'Shit...'

"Well, my leg was just itchy, that's all, hehe..." You giggled awkwardly, "Oh, would you look at the time! I need to, Uh, see Ochako! Good luck! See you later!"

"I thought you just went to see her?" 

"I'm going to see her again...!" You chirped, "Good luck!"

"Um, okay and thanks...?" His reply sounded more like a confused question as he watched you speed off.

You turned a quick corner and felt your face smack into a solid, you fell back from the impact and landed hard on the ground. You winced a little and rubbed the bruise on your forehead. 

"I'm sorry," You apologized, still sitting on the cold ground

"(Y/N)?" The person spoke.

You looked up, "Shoto?"

"Let me help you up," He held out his hand for you to take.

"Thanks," You took it and stood up, dusting yourself off, "Sorry for bumping into you."

"No, I should've been looking where I was going," He continued in a nonchalant tone.

"I came to wish you good luck on your match, actually," You beamed, "I'll be cheering for you!"

"O-Oh, thank you," He placed his palm over his mouth and looked away from you with a small shade of pink on his cheeks and the tip of his ears.

"Well, I'll see you later, then."