17: Water and Fire

_____________________________________________________

obsession

/əbˈsɛʃ(ə)n/

noun

the state of being obsessed with someone or something.

____________________________________________________________

You headed back to the place in the stands where your class was. You silently sat, watching the battle between Iida and Shiozaki unfold. 

It didn't really take long since Iida just found a way to get close to Shiozaki and push her out of bounds, not receiving or giving any damage.

You found Izuku muttering to himself and scribbling something in a charred notebook as Iida was announced as the winner. 

"Hey, Izuku," You started, "How come you're always writing in that notebook?"

"H-Huh?" He jolted, stammering as he spoke"T-This book?" 

"Yeah, I normally see you with it so I was wondering what was in it," You tapped your chin.

"Well, I-I take notes a-about heroes," He rubbed the back of his neck with pink cheeks, "I-It's not really important though,"

"Hero notes? Can I see?" You leaned closer to him with stars in your eyes.

"S-sure," He handed you the book with a growing blush.

You flicked through the charred notebook, scanning his cutely messy handwriting. Seeing your name in the book, you stopped.

He had written down a lot of things about your fighting style and even did a little drawing of you in your hero costume in the middle of the page. He gave you a surprised look, watching you look at the page with sparkling eyes. 

'She saw that page!'  He internally screamed as he felt his soul leave his body.

"O-Oh, I had been analyzing y-your fighting style and how you use your quirk s-since you came to school," He blushed heavily, "I-It's kinda a hobby of mine, I-I hope you don't think it's weird or anything, I just thought-"

"What do you mean? This is so cool!" You grinned, "I didn't even know this much about my fighting style!"

"T-Thanks," He smiled, his blush continuing to grow.