31: (Y/N)'s Recovery

__________________________________________________________________________

recovery

/rɪˈkʌv(ə)ri/

noun

a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength

_______________________________________________________________________________

You stared at the shattered glass on the ground for a few moments before you bent down to clean up the mess you made.

First, you reached for a piece of the crystal-clear glass and instantly pulled back once you felt a sting at the tip of your index finger.

Blood.

Your finger was bleeding. You stood up and grabbed a tissue from the box on the bedside table to stop the bleeding.

Once you got hold of the tissue, you went to place it on your bleeding finger.

What?

There was no cut.

Where your finger once was bleeding looked like there was nothing wrong with it.

Your finger had no sign of disturbance at all. It was fine as the rest and the pain had stopped.

Suddenly, the door to the room slid open in a flash and Hajime stood alongside your uncle at the door.

"We heard a crash from downstairs and instantly ran up here," your uncle panted, leaning on the door frame

"Is everything okay?" Hajime rushed toward you but his attention then shifted to the pieces of glass scattered around the floor.

"I'll go get someone to clean this up," Uncle Toshi turned around and disappeared down the hall.

Hajime watched him go then turned back to you, and spoke with a worried tone of voice, "(Y/N) did you get hurt?"

He grabbed your hands and started checking for any cuts or scratches on your hands.

He sighed with relief when he saw that nothing was wrong. "Be careful next time, okay?" He smiled kindly at you.

"I'm sorry," you replied, looking down.

"Go get some rest. Your friends are coming to visit soon," he ruffled your hair and turned to leave.

You watched as he exited through the door.

Dazed, your gaze remained fixated on the sliding door of the hospital room. You remained standing still for a few additional moments before your focus was broken by a pitter-patter at the window.