14: A Shadow Over His Eyes

_____________________________________

disdain

/dɪsˈdeɪn/

noun

the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect.

_____________________________________

You sighed in your seat as you intently watched the next battle. It was Yaoyorozu vs Tokoyami.

You watched as Dark Shadow seemed to not be at his full potential. You had come up with a few possibilities of why that would happen.

1. He was suppressing Dark Shadow's power

2. Dark Shadow didn't like light

3. Dark Shadow's weakness was light

And since it was a pretty bright day that they decided to hold the festival, the third possibility made the most sense.

"Hey, (Y/N), you alright?" your redheaded friend asked, "You look like you've been thinking hard."

"O-Oh Kirishima, I'm fine," you were snapped out of your trance, "I was just wondering. It's weird anyway so it doesn't matter."

"Of course it matters, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I was just curious, that's all," He smiled

"Well, I was just analysing Dark Shadow's ability and it seems he's not at his full potential," you went on and on about the theories you made while Kirishima continued to listen to you without a stain of boredom on his face.

You stopped abruptly when you were interrupted with Present Mic's thunderous voice.

"YAOYOROZU IS OUT OF BOUNDS!! TOKOYAMI WINS!!"

'Wow, that was quick,' You thought.

You spared a short glance at the stage, just enough to see Yaoyorozu looking extremely disappointed in herself, making you feel a slight tug on your heartstrings.

'Hmm... So the next match is--"

"Well, I better head out to the waiting room, the next match is mine." Kirishima stood up, giving you a quick grin.

"Want me to come with you?" You asked him.

"It's alright, you don't have to come with me," He rubbed the back of his neck.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, good luck out there, I'll be cheering for you!"