Vol. 8 - The Wise get Wiser

Books after books after books, piled up so high you could build your own skyscrapers. The semester finals were coming up and Yuzuki had locked herself into studying mode with no chance of ever getting out of it. Both Kimi and Kiki failed multiple times and even tried to tempt her with other activities, but failed. Yuzuki was the type to study weeks before an exam, as one should. But it usually resulted in the lack of interactions with others. Because of this, Yuzuki found herself alone but she didn't mind.

Cramming in weeks worth of information into her head, it was a wonder she didn't explode. Those around her would watch and would be in awe at how easily she could study. The stress levels of students rose to an all time high and even teachers could no longer handle the constant pestering of the students who come knocking at their door for help. It was just one of those times where she was glad she was so smart. It often lead to her wondering how it came to be. These kind of skills were often acquired from a parent but in her case, she simply didn't know. Didn't know where it came from or who her parents even were.

Staring at all the information, taking it all in as best as she could. Jotting down notes, page after page, the sun slowly beginning to set in the background. Looking up, she glanced around her. Students had filled the library and were stuck in position. There were those who were busily taking notes, those who read and those who simply stared into the abyss as they pondered on their future careers. It was those people Yuzuki continued to stare at. Studying was like second nature to her and she didn't understand how people couldn't comprehend such facts and retain the information in their head.

"Yuzuki..."

Whipping round, she was greeted by Ayato who slipped into a seat beside her.

"What?"

"You done studying?"

"Not yet. There are many chapters I have yet to revise in multiple subjects, but I haven't gotten the time to do so yet."

"Me too," Ayato agreed as he took out his math book "I need to get a good grade in math or else I'll fail my college entrance exam..."

"You're thinking about that already?" Yuzuki sighed as she watched him open his book "it's months until the exam! Let alone graduation."

"I know but I have to start now or I'll stress out."

"I suppose..." she paused as she proceed to stare at her math book. The only subject she was bad at.

Not that she was exceptionally terrible, but she wasn't brilliant at it either. It was never a fail or an A, just simply a pass. She knew enough to get by but it was never as good as her other results in other subjects. Math was just her bad subject.

The next few days, she wandered around the school hoping for a change of pace. After staying indoors for a while, it was nice to go out and smell the fresh air. Heading towards the club room, she entered to see nobody inside. Settling into her chair, she noticed a message from Kimi on her phone.

"Sorry, out in the town with Runa. Are you able to handle the club by yourself?"

"Yeah. Have fun."

"Thanks!"

Putting down her phone, she opened the classroom door before settling back into her seat. Every now and then, students would pop in asking for help on certain subjects or just to chill in the corner. Yuzuki didn't mind what they did in the room just as long as they didn't disturb others.

After working for a while, she realised that it was hard to work there with two let alone one. Taking a piece of paper, there written was her as chairman and Kimi as vice. There wasn't any other members but themselves. Runa had refused because she was in another club and Ayato had two clubs on his shoulders so Yuzuki couldn't ask him. In the end, all they could rely on was somebody to volunteer to join the club. It was still fairly new so they didn't have to worry much.