Vol. 16 - Everyone has a Weakness

While the sun beamed into the house from the outside, the girls were stuck inside finishing off their summer homework that they hadn't completed, let alone started. Riho sat, face in desk, as she contemplated and regretted not starting any sooner. Kimi was in the same boat, staring at the pages blankly, hoping to find some sort of motivation but nothing. She was just stuck there, her mind as blank as the page. If they piled all their notebooks and books together, they were almost certain it would hit the ceiling. Inspiration to work on school and their studies was just not in their priorities. Watching them struggle, was Yuzuki.

Unknown to them, she had spent every night working on a small bit of each assignment while they slept. Now that the holidays were coming to an end, she had finished all her work. She didn't understand why they just didn't start it straight away. They were clearly regretting not doing it now.

Kiki and ShiShi looked at each other with a small smile. On the outside, they just looked like a group of normal students but on the inside, they had struggles. Struggles that they never really showed to anybody but each other. This small friend group that trusted each other, but where was the limit to the trust. There was still a lot of things that were concealed, where did the trust end?

"Yu-zu-ki!" Riho groaned into the table

"Hm?"

"Help me!"

Sitting up, Yuzuki looked down at the blank notebook in front of the blue haired girl. She sighed, there was a lot of work she still had to do.

"Start with the ones you know," Yuzuki said with a gentle smile "then when you can't move on from there, I'll help you."

"Okay!" Riho picked up her pencil, immediately finding a new motivation to work.

"That was fast." Kimi grinned "I've just finished my English assignment and I think I might just die."

"Do what I said to Riho. Do your best subjects first and then slowly move onto the harder ones."

Kimi nodded and started to work. Both girls working hard at the table. Yuzuki walked out to the balcony and stared at the sea. The sunlight dazzling down onto the sea, a beautiful reflection of light as the waves crashed into the shore. Taking in a big breath, Yuzuki felt a rush of peace around her. She felt physically relaxed but her mind began to wander, as usual.

"I was thinking about the Memoria Council. They don't want us to be Pretty Cure. Miss. Bell is helping us as Pretty Cure. I thought maybe they don't like her but then I remembered that she's in the school by herself..."

"What are we getting at?" Yuzuki asked.

"I mean..." Riho sat up with her legs crossed "Do they even know... that she's there..."

Remembering Riho's words, Yuzuki frowned slightly. What does Miss Bell do? Yes, she was the principal but outside of that? So far, all she had done was tell them what not to do, never what they should do. It felt strange, if a principal really cared for her fellow colleagues and their students, shouldn't she go and look? Why was she telling them to do it? It made absolutely no sense at all.

Behind her, Riho poked Kimi and pointed at Yuzuki "what is she doing?"

"I have no idea..."

The two stopped what they were doing and walked towards the balcony to join Yuzuki. The morning sun was still high in the sky, the warmth wrapping around them like a hug.

"Whatcha doin'?" Riho asked

Not turning, she remained straight forward. The wind blowing her long strawberry blonde hair behind her. Joining them, Kiki and ShiShi sat on the balcony, all waiting for something to happen.