Vol. 37 - The Model without a Runway

Kimi continued to watch the families as they sat together happily. Their friends had come over too but despite her home being full, she felt rather empty. There was an absence that continued to linger around her, as if taunting her. Mocking her as she sat alone, without someone she can no longer look up to as a role model. She was there, someone ready to walk but she had nowhere to walk. She could hear her name being called to various paths but although many call her, she's chosen one.

"Oy! Kimi! You are totally spacing out again." Runa pointed out as she sat down beside her.

"Oh, Runa."

"Don't oh Runa me, what's up." Runa said, shuffling towards her, handing her a drink.

"Just spacing out I guess."

"But about what is the question here."

"Me?"

"You? About what? What about you?"

"What do I do, with my future I guess..." Kimi replied hesitantly. She didn't want to tell Runa of her actual problem, just half of it.

"Does it explain where you disappeared off to during the second semester because, I think I know why."

"You do?"

"Well, duh."

"Duh?"

"You're those heroes at the school, no?" Runa replied bluntly.

"Heh?! How-" Kimi looked around frantically, "How do you know that?!"

"I'm not the only one, everyone knows."

"They do?! Why?! How?!"

"Because of your two fairy friends, Kiki and ShiShi. They were trying to make a cake."

"Heh?!"

"We already suspected it but after witnessing those two, we knew."

"So let me get this straight. You all know?!"

"Mhm, I'm pretty sure your friends even know we know now, maybe except Yuzuki. Ayato hasn't told her."

"Eh..."

"So tell me Kimi, I'm your friend, I want to know."

Kimi looked at Runa who looked longingly at her. She was her best friend, those two were inseparable and now she found it difficult to be by her side. Giving in, Kimi looked down.

"My family, I always described my life as happy go lucky, some place that had happy moments and were filled with joy, me hanging out with my mom ladida."

"Is that not the case?"

"Yeah... My mom was never home, the person who I always spoke to was our housekeeper. My mom and her were childhood friends and hence she had her babysit me and take care of me. I spent more time at Stella d'Oro than beside my mother. I always attended boarding schools and for elementary, I never even spoke to my mother."

"But you looked up to her?"

"Yeah, she would speak to me and say things which I thought was really cool. As I grew up, I realized something and learned of her evil antics."

"Evil?"

"We're the Pretty Cure. She was or... is one too. But the thing with Pretty Cure is that we never remain one. We age, we grow old and our young innocent selves can no longer remain as Pretty Cure, the purity is needed. But my mother, she wanted to remain one. It's where she got her greatest powers. I had to leave my friends but when I came to myself, I realized my mother isn't as great as she seems."