Vol. 35 - A Vow of Forever

Sakiko wandered back and forth in her dorm room as she looked at the date on the calendar. Sitting on her bed, she looked at it for a while. The date staring right back at her. She was unsure as to why she kept staring at it but she wanted to either way.

It was February 14, Valentine's Day. Currently 6 in the morning. There was going to be school that day but the previous chaos from the rampant Sutoresu caused the school to be on a temporary break as they tried to fix the broken school. It was a wonder to them that they didn't call authorities. Then again, that would mean they would have to force everyone out of the school. Not ideal.

Flicking through her phone, she looked at her photos. There were her older siblings and her mother. She always believed she hated her mother. She thought it was because of her mother's excessive personality, a lady who loved to be a child but she realized that may be the reason she loved her mother.
She was always cast in the shadow of her older siblings, she was someone burdened with the fact that she could never stand alone, always needing the support of others to make her stand.

There was always someone out there that was better. Better than her. She was always going to be the second choice and she hated it. Her blood began to boil as she thought about it, she hated thinking about it but she hated it with a passion. She was determined to never become the second option ever again. She was determined.

Leaning back, she stared at the sky that was steadily rising. Behind the trees, the sun shined. Maybe there was a purpose for her out there, a purpose as to why she existed. Not needing to constantly be in the shadow of another. Shutting her eyes she could hear her clock ticking. It was loud and resonated in her ears. Waking up, she stared at the clock, alarmed by how loud it was.

But alas, she forgot. Her clock was broken.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

"You're meaning to tell me, you fought one Pretty Cure, ONE! And you were defeated by her!" Eve yelled out to Sow who knelt down on his knees.

"Sorry ma'am." He whispered.

"Sorry will not cut it! That was a mere child you fought! And you lost against her!" She yelled angrily.

"But ma'am... You want to remain a child so if that's the case... Aren't children more powerful than you think..." Sow replied making the other Sensors facepalm.

"I want to remain a Pretty Cure! And to do so, I must remain young! You insolent vegetable!"

"And besides..." Sow muttered, "Those kids as you say aren't really children if they have to fight a battle against adults who don't listen..."

"Whose side are you on!? Guess my power didn't help you after all! How dare you!"

Vigor sighed. Sow was always getting himself into trouble, "Sow. Get back over here."

Eve tutted. Picking up her mirror, she looked at her reflection, angrily shifting her face from right to left, "What is your plan for today. Vigor."

"My plan?" Vigor looked around and stepped forward, "Today is what they call Valentine's Day."

"Valentine's Day, huh?" She walked around the room, looking at an old ripped up picture. There were supposedly more people there but she ripped it to only reveal 2.

"Ma'am?"

"Yes. Yes. That's right. Nobody deserves love. I had him first and she snatched him away from me. Remember that Vigor. True love is an illusion, steal what you need, even if it's all make believe."

"Yes ma'am." Vigor bowed, heading towards the door.

"The rest of you, go away."

Taking their leave, they closed the door. Eve remained in the shadows like she always did. She was going to prove that she will be the most powerful, she will win, even if it means to destroy them.