Vol. 28 - Once a Friend, Always a Friend

There was a silence that released through the room. Every footstep, every breath and every whisper could be heard. The small clicks were inevitable and for some reason, every sound was annoying. Sniffles could be heard through the large room and there were a ton of restless sighs. Eyes wandered as they looked at the plain walls. Heads were down and nobody paid any heed to one another.

It was a dark moment. For once, the entire room was silent with nobody wanting to break the silence. No person from that of great or little responsibility made a peep. For what seemed like hours, the silence continued. They continued to write their hearts out information on things which one would deem useless. It was now or never. This moment would determine a lot of things. Those who knew what they were writing continued without stopping whereas others stopped to look around, kick their feet or just sigh.

Finally, a head looked up. A hand was raised, the bell rang. It was the signal they were all waiting for. Their exams were finished at last.

Heavy sighs of relief released through the crowd of students as they all began to question one another on which question was correct. Yuzuki's eyes wandered the room as she bowed, thanking the teacher for taking up her page. The previous few days were stressful but they could finally relax, though only momentarily. They were only preparing for the worst after all.

"Yuzuki!" Riho called to her as everyone stepped out of the examination hall.

"Riho?" Yuzuki stopped to look at Riho.

"How was it? Do you feel good about it?"

"Well, I don't feel good yet I don't feel bad. I have varying emotions." Yuzuki thought.

"Let's go to the others, they're all heading to Sa-cafe to celebrate the end of the semester!" Riho said as she tugged Yuzuki to the cafe.

It was quite packed as many other students had the same idea. Instead, Satoshi decided to bring them to the back where no other student would be. It was tidy place and with a light scent of coffee.

"I am so grateful that it's over!" Sakiko said throwing her bag onto the sofa.

"Sakiko." Mr. Sato warned her sternly as she cautiously picked her bag up from the sofa and gently placed it on the ground.

Kayume yawned as the others continued to talk about the exams.

Yuzuki looked at her and sat beside her, "You can join in the conversation you know."

Kayume looked at her startled, "Oh yeah, I know I can but I feel rude doing so."

"We're your friends, no need to worry about butting in or not."

"I have grown out of that problem, well, slowly but sometimes it caves in and I don't know anymore."

"I may not fully remember my childhood with you anymore, which is a pity, so it's okay if you are a part of my future. I would prefer it." Yuzuki comforted her.

Kayume grinned. It was true. Yuzuki's memories may not be fully restored and some of their greatest memories were lost but she could always continue making more. She knew she didn't need to shy away from her friends. She knew they would accept her.

Satoshi came in with some cups and a jug, "Tea, coffee or hot chocolate anyone?"

"I don't like your hot chocolate. Let Kayume make it." Sakiko complained to him.

"Woah woah woah! You prefer Kayume's?! Since when?!" He asked in visible shock.

"Ugh, Kayume!" Sakiko whined to Kayume who sat up from being buried under her hoodie.