Vol. 38 - Love Takes Effort

Lying in bed, alone with her thoughts, Yuzuki recalled everything that had happened in the past few months. In a couple of months, it would nearly be a whole year since she had transformed into a PreCure again, and in a couple of months she would soon graduate high school. Time was ticking and she knew there was not much time left until they had to face a bigger battle. With their powers getting stronger, it only meant their enemies were too. It was only a matter of time before they actually had to use it.

The PreCure of Love. It was almost a cliché and most especially ironic for a girl like her. When one thinks of love, you think of romance or familial love. None of which she truly had. She had her mother, and while she knew they were close before, it just wasn't the same. Losing your memories really did have its disadvantages.

Picking up her phone, she flickered through it mindlessly. Swiping left and right with no actual goal in mind. Ending up in her photo gallery, she swiped through the images. Of course, no photo was of herself. Actually, most were random images taken by her friends when they decided to steal her phone. There was a compilation of Sakiko's funny faces, candid images of Kayume and Riho, and even images of Kimi taking selfies. Scrolling to the first image, she blinked as she stared at it aimlessly. Upon further inspection, she smiled to herself.

Ayato had bought her a phone to use when they first met, and he had taken a candid photo of her. She wasn't looking at him, her eyes were wandering elsewhere. Her hair was much shorter and she appeared much younger. So this was 15 year old Yuzuki, a girl with no memories but her name and birthday.

How strange it was, to think that those 3 years flew by so quickly. In and out they came, just like the wind. She had changed so much since then, and whether it was for good, she didn't know. It would probably take another 3 years to see its benefits. Regardless of what had happened in those few years, the future was calling. The wide world was calling her name, and yet, here she was - doing nothing about it.

Without even realising, she had dozed off and the morning sun was blazing in her eyes. Not only that, but her roommates were not exactly quiet either. She could hear Kiki and ShiShi muttering amongst themselves, Kimi fiddling through her accessories while Riho and Kayume attempted to do homework. It was the weekend so there was no need to wake up early, yet, it was 9am and her entire room was awake.

Sitting up, Yuzuki stared down at her friends as they guided themselves. Immediately, there was a knock on their door. As Kimi opened it, Sakiko dashed in, jumping straight into Kimi's bed.

"Now what are you doing?" Kimi questioned as she struggled to brush her hair.

"I was bored in my dorm so I thought I would come in here because I figured you guys were already awake," she looked around "and I was right. Although, Yuzuki's still in bed."

"I just woke up." Yuzuki sat up, stretching before coming down. "Slept late last night."

"Was your brain thinking again?" Kayume looked at her, slightly concerned.

"Mm..." Yuzuki smiled "but it was nothing bad. Just looking back."

"Back on what?"

"How I first got here, my personality and what I was like then in comparison to now. Even you guys."

Stopping what they were doing, they sat on the beds as they listened to Yuzuki talk.

"Kimi was, well is, full of confidence and she had a nonchalant personality but deep within her she fought a battle none of us could experience. She still is, but she's one step closer to winning. It's not easy to fight your own blood. Before I became friends with her, she seemed intimidating. She was the talk of the school, and she looked like she had her whole life together, but she didn't. As a child, she was bullied for her appearance but now look at her. She took that and changed it to compassion."