Vol. 29 - Release the Miracle Within

"So you're telling me, we're stronger?" Sow asked as he looked at himself in the mirror.

"According to Glaze, yes." Vigor replied, flexing his muscles.

"I don't even remember what happened but, I feel... strong! I want to... fight!" Sow said gritting his teeth, a red flash rushing across his eyes.

"That's the spirit." Eve said from the back.

Alpha looked up at her. She stood in the doorway grinning from ear to ear. She seemed to have a plan but they didn't know. She was unpredictable.

"What do you want us to do?" Pressure asked from the side.

"To fight those Pretty Cures. Your powers before are no longer enough for your current battles." Eve walked down to them, "You are stronger. Wish to test it out?"

"I do!" The four replied simultaneously, all angrily glaring at each other.

"I said it first!" Pressure replied confidently.

"No, I did!" Alpha stood up as Sow looked down at him.

"You?! Sit back down, I'll do it! I want to see what kind of power I have!"

Vigor looked at them and looked at himself in the mirror. A sudden urge hit him from within, it was an urge unknown to him. Something was missing. He hated that feeling.

"I will go." Vigor walked to Eve and stared at her angrily.

"Proceed." Eve smirked.

"You're letting him go!?" Sow complained. He sat angrily and made a face at Vigor as he left.

Vigor had a new sense of determination. He was going to fight. What for? He no longer knew his purpose. He just wanted to punch something. He was ready for a battle.

Whether he was going to win or lose, Eve didn't care. Her goal was her goal and she was going to accomplish it. She was on her own now. Not even her own child would help her now. Her sources were running low, time was up. Those kids won't stop her dreams, they were her precious dreams that were not to be trampled on.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

With the finals over, the end of the semester came upon them. School was over and Christmas break had started. Most students went home for the holidays, but as usual, Yuzuki decided to stay at the school. Because of this, the other girls all agreed to do the same. After all, they knew their parents wouldn't mind. The only one complaining was Ayato who had declared that Yuzuki should visit the house to see his grandmother.

In the warmth of the indoors, the girls could see the snow falling. Christmas was the next day and they could feel the closeness between them. Huddled together, Yuzuki looked around. There was no longer a blank empty spot, in replacement was a bright chatty girl with purple hair and perfect proportions. There was just something so satisfying about finally being together that warmed her heart. Since Kayume's entrance, this was the first time they properly hung out as five. The way Kimi laughed and teased the others made it feel like she had never left in the first place.

"You know, you left on your birthday." Sakiko said to Kimi

"Uh... yeah... about that." Kimi scratched her head, she wasn't planning for that, it was pure coincidence.

"We had a whole surprise party prepared for you!"

"I'm sorry!" Kimi stood up before doing a complete bow to the floor

"Woah there!" Riho beckoned her back up "we know it wasn't your fault!"

"Oh I know..." Kimi sighed sadly "I just regret it so much."