Vol. 27 - A Battle with a Light in the Darkness

Settled in the main office at Astral Divine, the adults all sat in a circle. Their expressions grim and sincere. They didn't know what to expect but they knew they had to do something. They had learned something that they never knew, their once friend was now their enemy. That was news they were never expecting in their life. Their reunion was unexpected but this Eve was more shocking than seeing each other again.

Suzuna spun her pen impatiently. She didn't know what to think, say or do. It almost felt like it was her fault, like she had caused this problem. After all, she used her daughter's memory loss to her advantage, brought danger to her and her friends and then suddenly, Eve appears with her former husband on her side. Kimi was her daughter and everything just felt like it was crumbling on top of them. From this moment of time, it was a losing battle. Eve was on top.

"Suzuna..." Akari patted Suzuna's shoulder gently, a reminder to tell her that she was there "are you alright?"

"Should I be?" Suzuna sighed heavily "I feel like this is karma for using my daughter..."

"No, it is not." Ririka said sternly "this was meant to be. If you think about, if you had never reminded your daughter of her PreCure powers, Eve may have already taken more energy than she has now. The teachers at this school would still be Sensors and your daughter would have never met such wonderful friends who I know will help us win this battle."

"But Mirei, if I can even call her that, has the upper hand in this battle right now. Where can we go from here?"

"As you said," Hinata pitched in from the corner of the room "we need to find this Asana Koujou, as well as strengthening the girls powers as PreCure."

"The girls must power up?" Yoshiki, who was sitting by Akari raised an eyebrow

The women all nodded. It was the only way. The Sensors were getting stronger, and now with Eve's appearance, it would be a losing battle if the girls fought at the state they were in right then. They had to get stronger and they knew they were on the right track.

"Kayume and Sakiko both have what they need to power up," Hinata explained "the only thing now is for the rest to get theirs."

"How does one get this power up?" Yoshiki wasn't familiar with the powers of a PreCure and therefore was filled with many questions regarding the topic.

"They must overcome their fears and find their future."

Everyone stared at Hinata curiously. None of them had achieved a power up when they were PreCure's and it was strange to see Hinata know so much considering she had been expelled from the school.

"Once this has been realised, they will acquire crystals that represent their future. It appears as a shining light, disappearing into the girl once it has been acknowledged. However, I fear one thing."

"And what might that be?" Suzuna asked

"Your daughter."

"My daughter?"

"Yes, from what I have been told Yuzuki has changed. She is no longer a bright and bubbly girl you all once knew. Despite the amnesia, the fear of losing has caught up to her and I'm afraid that's what caused her amnesia in the first place. This extremely strong will to forget how she lost that battle three years ago."

"How does this affect her?"

"It may be tough to find her crystal, this bright future of hers, if she keeps pushing herself away."

"Pushing herself away?" everyone murmured to themselves.

"Mhm, but on that note, there is also something else we need to discuss."