Vol. 32 - The Future that Lies Ahead

What was it about the future that was so alarming? The fact that it seemed so far yet so close? The fact that you don't know anything that would happen? Or was it because there were endless possibilities in what you could do? Since the strange new year encounter, Yuzuki couldn't help but think. After all, thinking was what she did best at moment like this. Scratching her head in frustration, she sat at her desk, watching the clock slowly ticking by. It's weird that once you start paying attention to everything around you, time just goes by a little slower than usual.

It was the final school semester, and while there was an untold excitement, there was tension in the air. Students were finally getting the reality that their high school life was just about to end. Exams they needed to pass, a graduation to attend, and a world waiting out there for them to step into. Staring out the window, in hopes to find something new, Yuzuki watched the bare trees shake in the wind. This year was going to be interesting indeed, whether that was for good or for bad. Clenching her fist in anticipation, the school bell striked for the final first class of the semester.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

"What now?" Alpha's voice echoed through the dark.

Nobody spoke a word, in fear of saying something wrong. Not like they cared, but Eve was clearly very frustrated with them. She was their only hope in having their promised stress-free life, so in order to obey her orders, silent they were.

Looking amongst each other, Sun rolled her eyes. What a pathetic bunch of people. She could feel the power surging through her bones, wanting to unleash it all into the world, but she had to refrain. It wasn't time yet.

"Are we going to sit here all day and do nothing?" Alpha thumped the table with his fist, creating a small dent "why are we sitting here while those stupid Pretty Cure frock around with no care in the world? They're just little girls who think they got it all! We're stronger, much more powerful and we can defeat them all right now if we wanted to, but no. We're sitting here lazing around waiting for some random woman to give us orders!"

"Say what you want but the random woman happened to make us stronger," Sow scoffed "those girls are tougher than we think. While they lose, their strong sense of will and determination will miraculously work out one day when we least expect it. It's best to take it slow, test the waters and defeat them when they're at their weakest point."

"Bah!" Alpha growled "since when did will and determination alone get anybody anywhere? That's just childish talk."

"Sow is right." Sun sighed "our task is to weaken the girls, not defeat them. Why eat a cake in one bite when you can savor it piece by piece."

"Tch."

Cracking his bones, Vigor leaned forward in his chair. They were currently on the winning side, they shouldn't ruin it by acting brash. As much as they wanted to run out wildly and attack, they had to hold it in. Looking up, there was one person in the room that good at holding it in.

"Pressure."

Turning to Vigor, Pressure nodded his head as if knowing what Vigor wanted.

"If we're going to weaken the Pretty Cure," Vigor smirked "then weaken the Pretty Cure we shall."

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

January came in slowly, students taking in all they could for the last couple of weeks in school. The After School Paradise Club was bustling with people. People who needed help with studying, problems or just needed a place to relax. The girls even found themselves helping out teachers. No matter who came in through the doors, young or old, they were ready to help. After all, a paradise was made to relieve stress and not create them. Despite that, they had to remember to bring in the reality of their problems and not let them just simply dismiss it.