Vol. 39 - Then and Now. The Final Battle!

Eve glared. She wasn't angry, she was furious. Just like that, the spotlight was taken away. Just like that, she came. Without even a single thought.

"You."

Barely able to open their eyes, the girls watched in shock as familiar figures stood before them.

"Mom....?" Arcadia mumbled, ready to cry.

"Leave the girls alone." Suzuna cried out, marching forward "leave the children out of this."

"Children? Children!?" Eve laughed hysterically "Those girls may be young but no they are not children. Not anymore."

"Then leave our children out of it." Ririka shouted out, keeping her eye out on Serenity who still had her eyes firmly shut.

Looking down the ground, Eve scoffed to herself. "Alright. You want to fight? Then I'll give you a fight!"

Immediately standing back, the girls watched as their mothers prepared to fight.

"This can't be happening..." Zeal groaned as she tried to sit up. "Are we just going to let them do that?"

"No." Eden frowned "but yes."

"But yes!?" Zeal gawked.

Serenity had just awoken, barely able to comprehend what had just happened. "My mother is going to seriously hurt herself."

"Trust them." Eden stared at her hands "she's right. This is their fight. A fight that should have been settled long ago, but hasn't."

"So what do we do?" Arcadia patted down the dirt from her clothes.

"Them." Charity pointed at the Sensors who remained standing, watching Eve. "We have to purify them back into their normal forms."

"Gotcha." Zeal nodded "well then, we've had rest. Let's get a move on."

Helping each other up, they carefully walked towards the battlefield. Each step was precious. Each one representing their own courage. They didn't care they had fallen. They didn't care they were hurt. If it meant the safety of the world, they would whatever it took - even if it cost them their lives. That's what a warrior is. To fight despite all odds.

"Vigor." Alpha nudged Vigor, pointing stars the girls headed their way.

"Better take care of them." He smirked

With one nod, Alpha didn't need another confirmation. Running towards the girls, he had nothing left to lose. It was all or nothing.

Immediately in a defence position, the girls stood their ground. Behind Alpha, Sun and Sow followed him. Their expressions were almost lifeless, like they had no control over what they were doing. Knowing Eve was behind this, they were determined. Determined to bring them back to who they once were.

Standing in the middle of the group, Eden looked back at the girls with a smile. So this is what friends are. People who have your back, people who support you. She couldn't do this by herself. Nobody could.

"It's all or nothing, right?"

"You betcha!" Zeal winked.

"We're Houkago Rakuen PreCure!" Charity chimed in, her light voice echoing through the ruins.

"And that means we will protect the future." Serenity smiled.

"Let's graduate girls." Arcadia had a look of determination on her that the others couldn't help but agree.

That's right. To graduate. The future was so wide, so broad and vast that you couldn't predict what could possibly happen. All one can do is hope.

Right as Alpha reached them, they leaped into the air, barely dodging his attack. Lunging his right fist towards Charity, she took hold of it and threw him back. Hitting Sow and Sun who were in the way.