Vol. 24 - When the Sun Shines

Sakiko paced around Sa-cafe which was presently filled with a ton of customers. She had her third drink of the hour and Mr. Sato was getting worried.

"Yuui, are you doing alright?"

"Who? Me?" She took a giant slurp of her drink "Yep!"

"Yep?" Satoshi peeked over the counter "Ya sure about that?"

"Nope!" she began to slurp her drink even more vigorously.

"It's because her mother is coming." Kayume whispered to him.

"Her mother? Oh, right" Satoshi laughed "I love her mother though, what's wrong with her?"

"Who knows, I haven't met her before." Kayume shrugged.

"Also, Kayume, a child over there wants one of your hot chocolates."

"Wow, that's popular. This place is also packed."

"I mean today is the school culture festival after all."

Kayume made the drink and handed it to Satoshi "You give it to the kid."

"Me? You made it."

"Yeah but I don't know how to deal with children so you do it."

"Right? Okay! I'll do it!" Satoshi replied eagerly. "I'll do it cause you asked."

"Erm, thanks?" Kayume turned to Sakiko "Do you want to take over my shift? It ends in 30 minutes though."

Sakiko looked up and nodded "Yeah, anything to distract me."

"Okay, I need to get to class."

"You go do that then."

Sakiko took her apron and put it on. She thought about her mother and sighed heavily. She loved her mother, she was her mother after all but there was something about her that she just despised.

"You sure you can handle the work Sakiko?" Mr. Sato asked her

"Yeah, I'm not a child."

"Alright then kiddo."

Sakiko frowned and muttered "I just said I wasn't a child."

Rushing into her classroom, Kayume looked at the students who were adjusting the props for the day.

"Kayume! Can you get that!" Riho yelled to her.

Riho was trying to put something onto the wall but couldn't reach "Sure!" Kayume reached up and placed a decoration onto the wall.

"Thanks, normally Kimi would do it though..." Riho paused "Anyways, were you busy at the cafe?"

Kayume, noticing she had changed the topic, nodded "Yeah, there's a lot of children in there."

At that moment, Yuzuki appeared with Ayato.

"Who should I dress up as? I am thinking either Iron Man or Doctor Strange. I can't decide."

"Wha-?" Yuzuki looked at his phone which had images of the two characters.

"Who do you want to go as?"

"Well, for me, I chose Iron Man because he's really smart and basically built his suit from scratch in the middle of a dessert while he was being imprisoned by-"

"Okay, and why did you choose Doctor Strange?"

"He's a doctor."

"Why not go for Hulk?" Mona teased.

"Hulk? Probably not him but Bruce Banner maybe. He is one of the more smarter members of the Ave-"

"Just choose one Ayato." Yuzuki facepalmed.