Vol. 21 - The Missing Birthday Girl

A bright light filled the room as the girl returned to her original state.

"I am Cure Arcadia, eery figure, little sister to Shouya, daughter to Akari, student of Astral Divine and of Stella d'Oro Academy."

Akari and Shouya stood up as they looked at her in shock. Kimi and Riho looking back and forth at the shocked people. Yuzuki tilted her head as she recognized the girl. Sakiko stumbled as she stepped back as the red haired girl appeared.

"I am Kayume... Kayume Shinano."

Sakiko stared as she watched her looking at them.

"Kayume?" Riho asked "As in, that girl Satoshi knows?"

"Yes, that's me" Kayume smiled.

"So... that's where you disappeared off to... Toshi was worried" Sakiko said still staring.

A very mysterious light suddenly emerged from nowhere before Kayume and was placed in her hand but suddenly disappearing within her. Akari rushed to her daughter giving her a large hug.

"Yume... My precious Yume," Akari said as she held back her tears. She grabbed her by the shoulders and began to inspect her daughter. Something was odd. "Yume, your hair..."

Kayume looked at her hair and laughed awkwardly "I cut it. Do you not like it?"

"I love it dear but why did you cut it?"

Kayume glanced to Yuzuki who raised an eyebrow in confusion "Because Yuzu was no longer there to help me fix it."

Yuzuki looked at Kayume, a familiar aura radiated from her but she did remember the girl from her vision had long red hair. Now it was up to her shoulders.

"Although, it was a lot shorter." Kayume laughed sheepishly.

"Kayu, how did you know how to save me?" Shouya said heading towards his little sister "I don't even know what happened. What did I do?"

"Shou... You and various other teachers are not yourselves... You were red for crying out loud." Kayume thumped him on the back "I watched the Cures during their battles, it allowed me to see that they all wore a badge that they seemed weary of. You being one of them. The Sensors tried to avoid being in the battle, after all, you are all teachers."

Suzuna patted them "Let's get out of here, we don't want to fight all the Sensors now do we. We've completed our task."

"We have?" Riho asked.

"Yes." Suzuna nodded "Yuzuki? The book."

Yuzuki opened the book, immediately they were all consumed by its light and brought back to Memoria Empire. Upon arriving, everyone landed on their feet except for Kimi, Riho and Sakiko who simultaneously collapsed to the ground.

"Ouch..." Sakiko said scratching her head in aggravation.

From the distance, a man could be seen hastily pacing the ruins. A smile was brought to Kayume's face as she rushed to him.

Sakiko stood beside the other four Pretty Cure "I can't believe it... I won't believe it..."

"That the girl who you mentally declared as your rival is now someone you must work with?" Riho asked with a grin.

"Shut it."

"What was that light?" Kimi asked suddenly,

"Light?" Yuzuki looked to Kimi who had remained silent for the most part "That appeared to Kayume?"

"Yeah... That one. What is it?"

"I don't know..."

The four watched the family of four embrace one another, mixed emotions within all of them.