Vol 13. - A Summer Slumber Paradise

In comparison to Memoria Empire, the human world was much different. You could feel the magic in Memoria Empire but here, it was crowded and shunned away. People didn't look at each other and everyone was always on the go. As if in a rush to be somewhere else but there. The present. To ignore what was happening around them. Forget the beauty of the world, seeing other people and being a little more open. It was weird but humans suddenly forgot how to be human. That was the first thing Sir. Yoshiki noticed upon his arrival. Following behind his fellow Memoria Council members, he sighed. He no longer knew what he was doing. He felt like a sheep following the others. What happened to leading? Guiding others? Now, he felt useless and unneeded.

As they travelled through Tale Town, a small island caught his attention. A magnificent building that reminded him of Astral Divine. Upon closer inspection, he could see groups of students leaving. The smiles on their faces brought a smile to his own. Oblivious to the dangers around them, staying in the present and enjoying their time together. He loved that about them.

Meanwhile, stuck in the dorms, Kimi hurriedly packed her belongings into a bag. Watching her from her bed was Yuzuki who couldn't help but be amused at Kimi's struggles.

"Are you just going to sit and watch me struggle all day?" Kimi complained as she sat on her suitcase trying to get it closed.

"Oh, you wanted help?" Yuzuki laughed, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Ha ha, very funny. Now help!"

"Got it."

Jumping down, Yuzuki helped Kimi pack up her clothes and other belongings. Kiki and ShiShi decided to help too, picking up and packing small accessories that Kimi had.

"Hey, you doing anything for the summer?"

"Me?" Yuzuki paused "nothing actually."

"What!? You're not going home?"

"I..." Yuzuki stopped, she didn't actually have a home to go to.

Noticing her hesitate, Kimi patted her on the back "How about stay with me for a while? I can't let you stay here cooped up like a chicken."

"What? No, I can't. I would just be a burden."

"Yuzu. What would be a burden is knowing that I totally could have invited you but you're sitting alone in the school all day."

"But I can't." Yuzuki folded the last dress

"I don't take no for an answer. Come on! Are you not even going to stay over at Ayato's place?"

"I was going to visit them but didn't have the plans to stay there for the entire thing..."

"Well then stay with me and then you can visit Ayato. Come on! Let's pack your things! Kiki! ShiShi! Get her stuff!"

"Yay! ~ki"

"Okay! ~shi"

Before Yuzuki could say anymore, the three had already began to pack all her belongings into a suitcase. Sighing in defeat, Yuzuki began to pack too. She didn't have much and it was much easier than the heap Kimi had. Finally, after what seemed like forever, the two had completed packing up their necessary items. The rest that they didn't need or wasn't important, stayed in their room.

Just then, a knock on their door caused them both to jump in surprise. Kiki and ShiShi collapsing onto the beds pretending like they were dolls, Kimi rushed to open the door.

"Hello, Kimi."

"Ms Hisai! Uh, how can we help you?"

"Just making sure the dorms are all clean. Are you both leaving?"