Vol. 31 - Every Coming Season, Comes a New Chance

The sun sparkled brightly as the smiles of people's faces were buried underneath the warmth of their scarves. Couples huddled in close, children rushed to the embrace of their parents as the year came to a close. It was their goodbye, a feast that would welcome in a new year with warmth. Nobody knew what the future had in store. Everyone closed their eyes as they greeted the final day of the new year. Prayers rushed through the world as everyone wished for health and a year of prosperity. Whether they would get it, well, it was up to them.

A girl looked at the new scenery, it was a new year. Her jumps showed her excitement, leaping off of every rock and into every stream. She smiled at the wonders of the ocean that lay beyond her. A hand patted her on the back. A taller figure. They grinned at one another as they looked at the world that called to them, the sea that whispered into their ear. There was something about the place that felt as though they were being called. Another hand patted her. A bright smile on her face. She sparkled with the water, the cold winter breeze prickled through their skins making them shiver. Yes, a new year. Their past was now their yesterday, their present was now their today and their tomorrow was now their future.

This was it. This was the season, she thought. A tough one, she could feel it in herself but she needed to be strong. What was this hurting feeling? Must conceal it. Her friends looked at her with optimism and hope, she needed to show that she herself has changed. She will seize the chance, now, it was now or never. She looked at what she held in her hand and grinned. Yes, it was the beginning of a new year after all.

Two figures walked behind them, one looking at them in confusion. The three twirled around. Two numbers were on the cake. She smiled sentimentally at it, her tied up hair loosening with the wind, she looked at those carrying it. She was growing, she was no longer that free spirited teenager she once was. Adulthood was coming, she was graduating from her teen years. From behind her, someone held her hand. The four girls in front of her smiled happily.

"Happy birthday," he whispered.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

"Congratulations, you have officially been nominated as the member with the least work done." Sow grumbled at Sun who was making sure her nail was fitted on perfectly.

"No you see Sow, I wait on my prey. I prance like a lion unlike you competitive nitwits who decide to go at it whenever you please." Sun teased.

Sow snarled at her as she smirked. She looked at her face in the mirror, she was indeed beautiful. She smiled at herself and looked at her now darker than ever crimson eyes. It was time, she wasn't going to go around playing anymore. With the power and acquired information, she knew what she needed to do. Those blundering fools who kept getting things were going to be proven wrong. Destroyed. That was her goal. She craved to teach the Pretty Cure a lesson they were bound to never forget.

Alpha, Pressure and Vigor ignored the bickering duo. They continued to exercise and practice physical combat. They weren't going to be brought down by mere children. They were teachers who wanted to prove that nobody could ever surpass them. That was the goal right? No longer was the teacher who made sure to relay information or teach a lesson, instead, was a being with ultimate power. Whether it through brute force or not, no kid was going to make fun of them. That was the new mindset, the new pursue, the new goal.

Vigor looked at the empty seats around him. Was something missing? His heart hurt a little. Standing up, he sat down and looked at the room. There were so many desks but who sat there? Who once sat on these seats that lay by themselves in sheer silence. From the corner of his eyes he caught sight of Eve. Oh yes, his goal, his new pursuit. To not be brought down or made fool of again, they were stronger. He knew that but the hurt feeling continued to remain in his left hand, no matter what he did, the presence of emptiness was profound.