Vol. 40 - Bow! Open the Book of the Future

The buds that had begun to open up to the world awaited them and the flowers stood before them, ready to allow the future generation to arise. The past, the present and the future lived in that moment as the memories from the times of old began to overflow and pour out as they embraced one another.

1, 2... 3... 4, 5...

What was this feeling of nervousness? Was it happiness? Sadness? The warm winds began to shake, the trees forced to bow to the quaking lands. The buds, broken. The flowers petals, gone. The feeling of completion came to a halt as the future was now lost.

The clock began to tick. Ever so slowly.

That's right. This was how it all started and it seemed, this was how it was all going to end. The storm, the ruins and the pain. Just like it had been those many years ago. They had never thought it would last this long. They remembered that day so clearly in their heads. Like it was yesterday.

Hinata had been long gone, and their team was only but a mere trio. Side by side, the friends stood as they fought their enemy. This monster called Sutoresu. A fearful foe that lashed out through the lands, eating up the lives of the people bit by bit.

How strange it was now. The one they used to call friend. The one they used to laugh and smile with in their youth. The one who use to fight along side them, was now against them. Time passed cruelly. Had they known this would have happened, had they been aware of her situation... they would have done all things necessary to prevent it from happening. And yet, it did. Nothing could have prepared them for this.

In the midst of the dark shadows, a figure walked out. Sturdy and tall, Eve smirked as Suzuna's face dropped. She had the upper hand to the situation and everyone knew it. Akari stood by Hinata, and Hinata by Ririka. The three watched as Suzuna clenched her fists tighter than ever before. She was angry, and she had every right to be.

"How dare you..."

"How dare I?!" Eve laughed, "How dare I? Please, Suzuna. You can do better than that."

With the same dark and cruel smirk on her face, she linked her arms with the man. From afar, Eden's jaw dropped. Her memories returning.

The laughter. The smiles. The tears. All the memories she had with the man she once called father.

"What did you do to Ganseki?!" Hinata roared.

"What did I do? Hinata dear, I did nothing. The poor man just finally realised who he was destined to be with."

"You know that's not true!" Akari cried out, "Ganseki is not that type of man and you know it! He loved Suzuna! He loved Yuzuki!"

"Hah!" Eve frowned, "had he married me, Yuzuki would have been my daughter."

Charity frowned and stared at Eden who was taking all the information in. From behind them, Arcadia gently rubbed Eden's back while Serenity patted Charity's.

"This whole thing is a mess." Zeal grunted, "couldn't they have handled their love problems in a more sophisticated way?"

"Whatever the case is, we need to stop whatever spell Eve has put on Sir. Ganseki." Charity frowned, feeling sorry for Eden.

"This is not our fight." Eden finally spoke.

"What do you mean?" Charity looked down "how can it not?! We have to stop her."

"As she said earlier, this is their fight. The Sutoresu that appeared is the very reason why they were unable to graduate - why they failed. The universe is giving them a second chance and I just know this time, they can do it." Eden sighed, "It's difficult, I know, to fight a friend. Which is why we'll be here right behind them."