Vol. 14 - Family Lasts Forever

Riho hummed a cheerful tune as she awaited the arrival of Yuzuki and Kimi. They were coming over to her house for the first time and she was excited. The only other person she ever had at her house was Mona. She was looking forward to the activities they would do.

From the side, her mother watched fondly over her cheerful daughter. She was proud of how far her daughter came. She was proud of her. Her miracle daughter.

"Excited?" She asked her excited daughter.

"Mother!" Riho skipped happily towards her, giving her a warm embrace.

"It's very clear that you are indeed looking forward to these friends of yours coming over," her mother patted her hair.

Although she was in her final year of high school, Riho still acted as though she were her little child. She acted as though she were an elementary school student who was finally allowed to have friends over.

"They'll be here soon, you will love them!" Riho patted her outfit and fixed some tiny details on the sofa before hearing a loud doorbell.

"They're here!" Riho's father stopped in the spot as his daughter quickly zoomed by him "Oh I'm sorry dad! My friends arrived!"

"No worries dear, let them in, can't leave them out in this heat" he smiled as he watched his daughter bow and quickly make her way to the door.

"Yuzuki! Kimi!"

"Hey Riho" Kimi laughed "Nice house!"

"Thank you!" She opened the door wider so they could come inside.

Taking off their shoes, the two greeted her parents.

"I'm Yuzuki Agou, please excuse us for disturbing you," Yuzuki bowed.

"Oh no, a friend of Riho's is never disturbing us" Riho's mother smiled as she beckoned them inside the main room.

Kimi took everything in. She stared at a piano that was perched in the corner of the room. The windows were long and was definitely furnished in a modern style. The walls were white and the main accent of the house was black.

"Such a modern house" Kimi gawked in awe.

"I showed some of my favorite photos to my parents and they bought some stuff to make the house this style," Riho smiled proudly.

"It's a very mature look, really nice!" Kimi nodded as she sat on the sofa "and really soft!"

"They really dote on you," Yuzuki pointed at the countless photos of Riho on the wall "I feel as though I just watched you grow up, looking at these photos."

"Haha yeah, my parents liked to take pictures and immediately put them on our wall."

"That's so... nice" Kimi whispered to herself as she took a deep sigh.

"What's up Kimi?" Riho sat beside her.

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking how nice your parents are."

"Your parents are too, they give you all these things and you seem to be enjoying your life with them" Riho smiled at her.

"Haha, yeah, I suppose I do..." Kimi nodded gently.

Yuzuki watched with an eyebrow raised at Kimi. Since arriving, she suddenly became really strange. Very unlike her. As though someone pushed a button that changed her personality almost immediately.

"Anyways! What shall we do today!" Kimi said suddenly jumping up in enthusiasm.

And she was back.