Vol. 18 - The Chime of Confusion

"You guys went where?!" Akari asked in shock as Yoshiki sat down on his chair with a sigh.

"They were adamant and to make things worse, they really don't like the Pretty Cure." Yoshiki took a sip of his tea before nestling into his chair with his eyes shut.

Akari looked around and stared at him lovingly "You've worked hard Yoshiki."

Opening his eyes he beckoned her over to sit beside him "Dear, what if we never get to see our little boy and girl ever again?"

"Yoshiki, now is not the time to think negatively. I still have a plan and the Memoria idiots are making me more determined to do it."

He smiled at his wife. She was very strong willed yet kind. Reminded him of his son. He had always been a follower, someone who followed orders. It was so odd for him to go against orders by officials that could essentially ruin his life in the long run. But he knew his children would never give up. He knew. At least, he wanted to know.

"Have faith Yoshiki, I will take care of things." Akari patted him.

"Try not to do anything reckless, you are quite the reckless type." He laughed as she leaned on him. The two looking at the wall in front of them. On the wall was a picture of the family. Him, his wife, their son and daughter.

"You know, what would they do?" Akari asked quietly.

"Shouya? He'd do what you'd do. Be determined, be strong minded and ridiculously stubborn." Yoshiki smiled as he remembered his children.

"He was quite like me. He grew up to be quite a man." Akari sat up "But what about our daughter. What would she do?"

"Our little dream..." Yoshiki looked at the portrait of his daughter with fondness "She'd remain loyal, faithful. Whatever she's doing, she's out there doing something to help this catastrophe."

"Like you, she was never the leading type." Akari smirked

"I guess the question really lies not on what they would do but rather, what would we do?"

"Yes. After all, they are more or less us after all."

Yoshiki took a deep breath and looked at his wife with a new sense of determination "I don't care what that council is up to. We're going to return our children, we're going to return everyone's families."

"If our children are trapped too, we shall be there to help them." Akari nodded "I will go. We have no time to dawdle any longer."

She sat up as she bowed to her. It was as though she was about to head into battle. She was indeed head strong. Her walk showed confidence. As she headed towards the hills where a glorious building rested. He buried his face in his hands and prayed for a miracle. Somewhere out there, a miracle was going to happen, it was waiting to happen. Their miracle was waiting. Waiting, for the moment to come out of the darkness.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

"So..." Riho dangled her feet on the chair, swinging it back and forth as she spun around in circles.

"What we're getting is that Miss. Bell. Our so called "helper" is not "helping" us at all?"

"Exactly." Yuzuki said as she spun her pen in her fingers.

Kiki and Shishi stared at one another and shrugged. Though they were guardians of the school, they didn't know Miss. Bell on a personal level either.

"So, let's look at the list." Kimi said picking up the list she had been scribbling.

"What's the first thing on your list?" Riho asked as she stopped spinning after getting dizzy.