Vol. 10 - The Birth of a Prism Light's Patience

Vigorously pacing around the dimly lit room, the five Sensors stared into the abyss. A pit black hole of nothing but only a downward spiral. Since starting their mission, they had achieved nothing. Nothing that would prove useful or helpful to them. The tank was barely even close to being full, their stress levels were at an all time high and the Pretty Cure were not helping any of that. The strong will inside them to make those girls in shining bright light disappear grew stronger by the moment, constantly being fed like a fire. Whatever the case was, now was not the time to be moping around like sad sacks of rice.

Tired and sick of waiting for something to happen, Vigor punched the tank. Barely budging it and only a small tiny wave was met by his impact. Frowning, he turned to face his fellow Sensors.

"This needs to be done, and it needs to be done now."

"No kidding." Cadenza rolled her eyes "any other obvious thing you'd like to say, smart boy?"

"Cadenza. If you don't zip that big mouth of yours, I will twist your gut until you sound like a triangle."

"A triangle? Really? Out of all the instruments, that's the one you choose?"

"Triangles are useless things that appear every now and then. They are not important. That's what you're going to be unless you find a way to keep your lips sealed." Vigor hovered over Cadenza as she stared up at him with a smile.

"What can I say? I'm always vocalising."

After their momentarily intense staring competition that had Madame Petite on edge, he broke eye contact and headed towards the door. But before he could twist it, a loud clatter of footsteps began to head their direction. The sounds echoed through the empty mansion eerily. Staring at each other, they anxiously waited to see what would pop out. The clock ticking slowly, the footsteps getting louder and louder. Narrowing his eyes, Vigor held his breath as he watched the doorknob twist and open.

As the door opened wider, five silhouettes came into the light. Led by a small larger lady with a green chef's hat in her head, she looked up at Vigor sternly while he did the same. Shaking her head, she analysed the room before smirking to herself in pity. Another headed towards the tank, bending down to meet the water at his eye level before standing to look at Data. From the side, Cadenza heaved a loud sigh of exasperation as they stared at her.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" The woman laughed "a bunch of sad and weakened Sensors I see."

"Glaze." Vigor straightened his back

"Vigor. It has indeed been a while."

"Yes, I wasn't expecting to see you here-" he paused "so soon."

"Well," she ventured around the room, wiping the dust on the table with a frown "we figured it was time to get a move on. Wouldn't want to drag this mission any longer."

As they all eyed each other, one of the figures glanced around, his face in obvious disgust. Had they know they were coming, they would have cleaned the place up a little but unfortunately, they had to see them at the pits of despair. Great.

Having enough of this nonsense, Vigor shoves his way through the group, making his way towards the door. Glaring at them while he passed by, he slammed the door shut behind him. As he disappeared, Glaze shook her head and laughed.

"He'd better go and redeem himself. After all," Glaze placed herself onto Vigor's self proclaimed seat "I'm the leader now."

"Oh great. The pink chef and her gang of outrageously annoying chickens are in charge." Cadenza muttered under her breath, careful to make sure nobody heard her.